So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed an IPA yesterday, second brew on my eBIAB rig...loving it! - Pitched it at 9:30 last night when the temp hit 69* (our water is near 74 degrees this time of year so the CF did it's job but still had to wait.) Using Mangrove Jack M44 so not expecting fermentation to get rolling until tomorrow...but there is a little activity in the airlock!

Currently brewing what I'm calling the Near Hearted Ale, a Two hearted clone but I'm using the last bit of Apollo I have for bittering. Counting down to the Wolverines kicking some butt!

Go Blue!

Love me some Two Hearted and some 'maize and blue'! The state of Michigan is doing quite well this day.

Going to brew a Scottish 80-ish Labor Day Monday.
https://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/akc-highlander-special

"If it's no Scottish, it's CRAP!!"

disney-dreamworks-scottish-crap.jpg

Brewed 10 gallons of vanilla java porter today and Wednesday 10 more of a chocolate peanut butter milk stout. Will be at 50 gallons in the last month after this week :eek:

just finished 2 days of double brew days. now I have 20 gallons of various lagers going. also, I've never done a lager before...so...yeah.

On Saturday, I brewed up 2 gallons of Summer Citrus Saison & a gallon of Edelweiss (from the Brooklyn Brew Shop book). Today I'm planning to make a light Citra-hopped ale

I was able to brew a Wit beer yesterday. Had terrible efficiency. Finally decided to get a grain mill to make sure I have control over the crush.

Running a batch of Centennial Blonde ish beer today. Since it is a holiday, I am counting it as weekend.

With "Post Tropical Storm" Hermine threatening to blow up the region and my knees fried from chasing grandkids the only thing to do was brew an IPA.

ab_05_sep_2016_01.jpg

IPA Number 41, a rather modest 6.5% ABV/78 IBUs using US pale/English pearl halfsies and a bit of C40.
Hops were heavy but biased toward late additions.
Smelled wonderful from the jump. Gotta love pearl.

42 has gotta be epic! :D

Cheers! :mug:

Brewed me the Pliny the elder clone from our recipes section. We'll see how it ends up. 13oz of hops for a 5 gal recipe!!!

Speaking of grandkids, the granddaughter was very involved and inquisitive during the brew. Was supposed to be a 3.5gal..it became a 5gal. Oh well, should be a "nice" 3.5% milk chocolate stout. (??)

I'm such a softie when it comes to grandkids, I'd take it :D
But, full disclosure, I don't drink when I brew, nor do I entertain progeny.
I'm a lean, mean, home brewing machine :rockin:

Cheers! ;)

Had planned to somehow squeeze in a Coffee Stout in preparation for Fall. Then I found out the Wife will be away all weekend and I'll be hanging with the kiddos. I don't boil wort around kiddos...

Picked up all the grain from my local brew shop today to do a 5 gallon Imperial Stout. First time doing an imperial.

I really gotta get busy brewing again this weekend. Home reno projects took over life lol. Finishing off the dregs of my last Sierra Nevada Pale Ale keg... gonna miss it. Good news is my beer stuff guy just put 14 gal conicals on sale! Im gunna get in trouble. But cheers, mmm

View attachment 1473287162060.jpg

Gonna brew 10 gallons of a nice German Hefeweizen this Saturday. It's still so hot here, I need something smooth and refreshing after working in the yard!

I got 2 batches in this week.
A nice smothered drinking Belgium pale and a nice big Christmas ale, I call Krampus. It is based on a kit from NB called Festivus.

The APA I brewed yesterday - single handed (truly single handed as I'm a one armed brewer), no help from the SWMO on this brew - is just starting to bubble away in the fermenter. Loving my eBIAB rig!

The Joe IPA I did last Friday has really slowed down, hoping when I heat up the ferment chamber in a couple of days it comes back to life as it is way cloudy and yeasty...

10 gallon batch of my Echo Ale(named after the town I live in!) setup and ready to brew when I get up today. Just need to weigh the water additions and good to go! Water staged in the kettles(lets me check for leaks too! One pot has a seep at the handle, it is a Bayou...), barley is crushed...

How are you doing the coconut?

Put half a pound in the mash, then will toast a pound, put it in a nylon bag and age in the keg. The post boil sample had a subtle coconut flavor to it. I don't really care about head retention with this brew, and I expect the oils will alter it. First time brewing with coconut, and it's a mix of different techniques I've seen on HBT.

Trying the 3 Floyds Alpha King clone from the 2004 July/August Zymurgy issue. Saw it referenced on the AHA website and it sounded good. IBU's come in a little high (70's) according to Beersmith but should still be OK.

Todd

Haven't brewed in quite a while, due to some family obligations and a crazy work schedule. I'm a little rusty, but really looking forward to some quiet brew time tomorrow morning. I'm putting together a "Leftoverture" batch from remaining grains, which should make me a nice robust American porter.

Put half a pound in the mash, then will toast a pound, put it in a nylon bag and age in the keg. The post boil sample had a subtle coconut flavor to it. I don't really care about head retention with this brew, and I expect the oils will alter it. First time brewing with coconut, and it's a mix of different techniques I've seen on HBT.

Keep us posted. ABGB Superliner Clone, but better. More mouthfeel and flavor.

View attachment 1473552772715.jpg

Latest posts

Back