So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had no time to get the starter going for my Christmas ale that we want drink during a July party, so I'll have to get another pack of 1028 from the LHBS. I'm excited to get one done and taste it, as it is the first recipe that i have patched together, oh and i love the Christmas ales.

I'm brewing up a centennial American pale ale here after while. 90 minute boil, but adding 4 oz of hops. 1 oz @ 30, 1 oz @ 20, 1 oz @ 10, 1 oz @ flame out.

Brewing desitka pils (10 Plato, 1.040 OG) with floor malted pilsner malt from Weyermann (decoction mash), Iunga (PL), Sladek (CZ) & Mittelfrueh (DE) hops, W-34/70 yeast.
I don't know, if I'll brew other lager this summer, this one goes way to fast and I NEED to keep it in stock at all times.

Fire in the hole and 13 gallons in the BK! Red Rye pale ale starting the boil now. I was heading strike water by 545 this morning so I should be in the fermenter by noon.

Setting up the brewery to make Yadier Rye AIPA...

BFD_Yadier_ Rye_A!PA_Page_1.jpg

BFD_Yadier_ Rye_A!PA_Page_2.jpg

Time to get A Scottish 80 done so it can sit in the bottle and mellow for fall! My first attempt at converting a good extract brew to all grain.:) And if a down on his luck friend shows up I will have him do A extract IPA similar to Bells 2 hearted. This is for him to keep after we Bottle it.

Brewed yesterday, Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde with some tweaks...all Maris Otter and all centennial (no cascade). It's happily bubbling away now!

:mug:

Bottled a pale that is more british mild at this point, oh well.
Started two more JOAM (mead) because bottled the others two weeks ago and dang do I want more of that stuff around.

I think that it is like mighty appropriate to make some hefeweizen today. Yes, that's the plan.

I think that it is like mighty appropriate to make some hefeweizen today. Yes, that's the plan.

I am making hefeweizen tomorrow

8# pils
8# white wheat malt
5% table sugar

2oz Hallertauer MF 4% AA

inland island bavarian hefeweizen yeast

I heard about the 5% sugar bit from an AHA conference seminar, can't remember specifically which but now I want to track it down. Also really thinking of aging half with some pineapple

I am making hefeweizen tomorrow

8# pils
8# white wheat malt
5% table sugar

2oz Hallertauer MF 4% AA

inland island bavarian hefeweizen yeast

I heard about the 5% sugar bit from an AHA conference seminar, can't remember specifically which but now I want to track it down. Also really thinking of aging half with some pineapple
Interesting. Wonder why table sugar would be recommended for hefe. I think hefe should be a full bodied beer and table sugar wouldn't be conducive to that.

I'm brewing a Dortmunder right now. About half way through the alpha sacc rest in the upper 150's.

Brewing an IPA as we speak & currently mashed in.

11lbs Maris Otter
1lbs Crystal 30

1oz Summit
1oz northern brewer
2oz mt.hood

WLP001 x 2

Mashed at 148 75min , will boil for 60, cool to 75f then transfer to primary and pitch yeast.

Brew day playlist on spotify giving me joys while i brew. Air guitar and singalongs included.
Cheers! :mug:

Patt O' The Back, Milk Chocolate Stout.

9 lbs 1.1 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 75.8 %
1 lbs 6.8 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 2 11.9 %
7.6 oz Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 3 4.0 %
1 lbs Milk Sugar (Lactose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 4 8.4 %
1.50 oz Fuggles [3.80 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 19.4 IBUs
0.50 oz Fuggles [3.80 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 6 5.0 IBUs
0.9 pkg Irish Ale (Wyeast Labs #1084) [124.21 ml]
4oz Chocolate Nibs

Brewed my Helluva IPA late Friday night/early Saturday morning. I cold-steeped some black malt just to get some red-colouring and "regular" steeped some Carapils to go in it. I made sure to cool the wort (got it to 68° F) and had some old yeast I pitched into the boil for "nutrients" but danged if it didn't take until this morning to finally get some krausen going! I used US-05, same as my last batch, and on the last one, I had a nice head of krausen the next morning.

No complaints, it is going now so I am happy. 3 weeks in the FV, three more to carb in the bottle, so hopefully I will be drinking this one ASAP!

:drunk:

Interesting. Wonder why table sugar would be recommended for hefe. I think hefe should be a full bodied beer and table sugar wouldn't be conducive to that.

I'm brewing a Dortmunder right now. About half way through the alpha sacc rest in the upper 150's.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/attachments/presentations/audio/2013/1715-12%20Biochemistry%20and%20the%20Mash%20-%20Larry%20Horowitz.mp3

Starts at about 53:45.

He goes on to say that these German researchers discovered that increased glucose in wort produces great esters with hefeweizen yeast. They even worked on a ridiculous 5 hour mash so that they could do this without having to literally add sugar. 5% is the target, so I'm trying it.

Got the ruination tucked away for an overnight chill. Hefe and ESB tomorrow if time allows. Built a new fern chamber today as well!!!

Brewing a grisette today, 10 gals split between French saison and dupont
Sounds kind of the same but not. Brewing a Gratzer today. First time for me. It's a 100% Oak Smoked Wheat Beer. Not even any rice hulls. BIAB seemed like a good idea for this one.

Polish bacon beer. Not even sure if I'll like it. :D:drunk:;)

Back