So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished a Pale ale extract brew. I can't wait for warmer weather and all grain brewing on the porch.

Wing-it Honey Pale Ale

1 lb Honey Malt
.5 lb Crystal 40

6 lb Extra light dry extract
1 lb table sugar

1 oz Galena 60 min.
1 oz Glacier 15 min.
1 oz Willamette 10 min.

Rehydrated US-05

Og 1.054
5.25 Gallons

I brewed another Irish Red Ale today. I didn't hit temps or OG on my last attempt so did a "do over". I am much happier with my effort today.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm pumped about brewing my favorite kolsch recipe tomorrow. I'll be splitting it into 2 batches to make the other half a cucumber saison (thank you cigar city!!!).

I'm pretty jazzed because I had a change in my work schedule that lets me brew on either Saturday, Sunday OR Wednesday, and with juggling my fermentation chambers, lagering some doppelbock at the moment, and getting starters going, I'm going to have enough flexibility to brew TWICE a month instead of once a month!!!

So, my first Wednesday brew day will happen this next week, right after I bottle my Blonde on Tuesday!

Brew day this weekend! Hell yeah gonna be rainy here in Maui. Making an IPA from Williams, malt extract kit. Still a beginner, I just boil water and add ingredients. But hey! I love it. Great hobby, lots of fun, and the beer tastes better than any store bought swill out here (excluding Maui brew co's Coconut Porter, of course)

I'm taking this weekend off.

I ran out of home brew at the beginning of 2014, so I decided that I would make an attempt at staying ahead. I started brewing 1/14/2014 and have brewed every weekend since. I've got 11 beers brewed with 3 left to keg. Phew....

I'm going to take a break from brewing for a bit. It's been fun, but I'm a bit burned out from all of the brewing. Eleven five gallon batches in a month an a half. I love to brew, but this is going to be a great break.

Of course.... a brewyears resolution was to try my hand at decoction and to brew a lager, so... I have a recipe for a Bohemian Pilsner. The wife is going out of town in a few weeks. I might brew that one then.

This hobby is addictive. I hate to even talk about NOT brewing beer.

I'll be trying my first attempt of an all grain Fuller's IPA clone... At the least it'll be brewed in the spirit of it... Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Home Brew mobile app

Just kegged my Bacon Infused Bourbon Porter tonight. Amazing nose right after mixing the bourbon in. Sitting at 13% before the addition of bourbon, guessing it may have went up 1% at most after.

Just kegged my Bacon Infused Bourbon Porter tonight. Amazing nose right after mixing the bourbon in. Sitting at 13% before the addition of bourbon, guessing it may have went up 1% at most after.

Jeezuz. if you need a lab rat I'm available...:mug:

Brewing up a NB SMASH Ale kit this weekend. Going to tweak the hops a bit to see what we can muster up....Cheers.

Brewing up a Hopslam clone this afternoon with a good friend of mine.. Can't wait!

Decided to do 2 batches this weekend. Just mashed in a MO/Mosaic Pale with conan for today, and doing a gose (or attempt) tomorrow :mug:

I love bacon, I love bourbon, and I love porters, but I will be honest. I have no idea what bacon in beer would taste like and it kinda concerns me. Too much to make 5gallons of it for sure. So yeah, if you need a taster.... ;)

I finally have all my keg equipment together, so I am brewing a lhbs Red Ale extract kit tomorrow to fill it up! Can't wait until spring when I can start busting into some all grain stuff on my back porch.

Did my first all grain yesterday...

Decided to ignore what BeerSmith was telling me and decided that I could do the mash in a 3 gallon cooler...yeah...that didn't work well.

And then when I started draining the mash tun, I opened the valve too much and it went shooting out really far. So that wasted a bit of tasty tasty wort. Also had to wash the kitchen rug.

I recovered well though, and ended up with 80% post-boil efficiency, so hopefully it will ferment out to be something mellow and tasty.

And yesterday I bought a big cooler from walmart.

Going to brew NCBeernut's Deception Cream Stout today. The last batch went way to fast. If you like stouts/milk stouts, I highly recommend it!

finally getting around to brewing my latest DB 8 Point clone, postponed for 3 weeks because of all the global warming. first brew this year

at the same time, my first BubbaQ of the year, smokin' some baby backs

Bells two hearted clone just went in the carboy. My boil off was a litter higher than normal so I had to top off. Hoping it doesn't affect the outcome too much.

I had some extra helpers to get rid of the spent grain.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393713950.034370.jpg

Brewed a black rye saison with a bit of fresh cracked pepper.

I'm brewing a
Midwest Supplies Castle Brown Ale, and I was thinking of doing a secondary batch with my second runnings and Cascade hops. Anyone have any advise for that?

Knocked out my NB SMASH ALE last night. Threw in an extra ounce of centennial with the simcoe at 60 min and bumped the 15 and 5 additions to 1 oz of simcoe vice .5. First time rehydrating dry yeast too so a bit nervous since it's been 24 hrs and no real activity.

Finished up lhbs specialty grain & extract kit for an Irish red ale. Fermenting chamber over full with two batches bottle conditioning, one batch in its second week of fermenting, and now a fresh batch. So glad this thing is going straight into a keg when its done.

Knocked out my NB SMASH ALE last night. Threw in an extra ounce of centennial with the simcoe at 60 min and bumped the 15 and 5 additions to 1 oz of simcoe vice .5. First time rehydrating dry yeast too so a bit nervous since it's been 24 hrs and no real activity.

Isn't that not a SMASH beer any more? I count two hops

Coincidentally, I jut brewed a 2-row/Citra SMASH pale ale. Hit all targets, great brew day

Double batch of APA went into the fermenters, now bubbling modestly. I'm only on batch eight, but for cheddarhed3's comfort, I'll add that the only big fermentation I've gotten on a rehydrated packet of dry yeast was my first brew when I pitched at over 80 degrees F.

Back