So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope to be outside brewing a cream ale Sunday morning as the sun rises.

Me and the Lord have had a few talks threw my life. (had two very close calls with death) I am understanding he would rather me take the day and enjoy his work and reflect on what he has created.

I hope to start some yeast for a Belgian Strong Ale tomorrow. Something to mollify the pangs of stacking firewood several weeks from now...

Got my weekend started early: racked a porter to secondary and brewed a variation on an American Brown Ale. My 2013 motto: "no empty carboys"...

Well, it's about 35 degrees here today, but it's been warm enough for the past few days that the garden hose isn't froze up anymore (for wort chilling), so the first brew session of the new year is underway!

None too soon either, the pipeline ran dry at the beginning of the month!

Well, it's about 35 degrees here today, but it's been warm enough for the past few days that the garden hose isn't froze up anymore (for wort chilling), so the first brew session of the new year is underway!

None too soon either, the pipeline ran dry at the beginning of the month!

I'm with you brother - my hose finally unfroze!:mug:

Brewing a lemon-lime blonde ale. It's a beautiful 67 degrees here in Tulsa, so I'm making the most of it before I have to start getting ready for work at stupid o'clock in the morning...
Edit: just finished brewing. I wish I had more fermenters, because I want to brew another batch now. Oh well, maybe I can brew again when I get some more fermenters next week...

Porter is one of my favorites. I have brewed a couple of variations... one with a pound of orange blossom honey added the end of boil.

Hope this turns out well for you.

Just finished 5 gallons of Yooper's Pale Ale. I'm excited to see how it turns out, we hit pretty much everything perfectly, so here's hoping for the best.

I ended up about half gallon over projected, but my efficiency was right on as estimated. now I just need to brew more to make up for all those years I should have been brewing AG.

Tried to brew a Lil' Sumpin' Sumpin'. My numbers came in a bit low, but I made beer. The SG was tasty, the OG was a bit bitter, but I don't use muslin hop bags. See you in 3 weeks.

Recipe please? Interesting using Bravo

Hi bellmtbbq, sorry to just be getting back with you.

12# 2-row
1# C-80
1# corn sugar
2oz Summit @60 min for 93.8 IBU
1oz Bravo for 15 min for 24 IBU
1oz Bravo for 1 min 2 IBU

mash at 156F for 60 minutes

dry hop with Bravo (probably 2 oz) for 7 days or so

I have used Summit for bittering and bravo for flavor/aroma before in an American Barleywine and it came out really good, won 3rd place in competition....used them in an IPA before as well. The two hops work good together in that combination. I would NOT recommend using them the other way around, though, (bravo for bittering and Summit for flavor/aroma) because Summit is just nasty unless used as a bittering hop LOL

quick 1-gallon batch of some LME, Fuggles & S-33 to determine if my tap water is OK for brewing

it's OK out of the tap, but make lemonade or coffee with it and it tastes like feet and ass

been brewing with Deer Park and filtered tap so far & don't want to waste a full batch if the water is no good

I went a few months without brewing. Some of which due to having a sh_t load of stuff previously brewed, some what due to buying a couple 1/6 kegs cheap ($27 for Widmer Citra Blonde and $27 for Widmer Drifter Pale Ale), but mostly because of laziness. I did brew once during those months, SN Pale Ale, but I let it sit so long in the primary that it got mold/infection (first time ever)...think it was because the air lock no longer provided an air lock.

Finally got off my butt and started brewing. First couple, to get a quick pipeline: Two weeks ago, a blue moon clone. Early this week Cream of three crops, which I also hope to use for some dry hop testing. Today was a double brew day, first a Maris Otter Red Ale IPA followed by a Victory Hop Devil Clone.

It feels good to get back in the swing of things...

3 days, 3 brews! All of them 5 gallon All grain brews.
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
Imperial Irish Ale
Shock Top Clone

DONE!!!! finished a copperhook clone, AG 92.6% eff. that feels good. now in to the ferm chamber... and 2 weeks later, i hope beer..

I taught my uncle how to do AG. First time doing a batch sparge and we hit all of our numbers on the dot! (not a bad intro, eh?). Ended up with almost 2 extra gallons, so we brewed that up too... different hops, different gravity... should be cool to see if the end of the second runnings make something delicious. I have high hopes

I'm hoping to brew my final kit, an Irish stout on Easter. Have a good friend coming for dinner and want to impress. That's hard to do as he is more experienced than me...

I am in the middle of brewing a modified version of the Honey Chamomile Wheat that is in the recipe list. This is my second time brewing this and my second time brewing AG.

Just finished cleaning up after brewing 10 gallons of Kern River Citra DIPA Clone. Undershot my gravity and wound up at 1.064 vs 1.070 so it's no longer a DIPA. Hydrometer samples tasted fantastic. There is already activity in the airlock.

Have 5 ga. of India brown ale with first time cake reuse...and its working/bubbling away...sa-weet

Back