So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning an India Brown tomorrow, depends a bit on the possible -1 wind chill that the weather mentioned earlier. Actually it doesn't matter at all, who am I kidding??? :mug:

Moving my Dry Stout to Secondary, and getting a Summit and Cascade AIPA going today too.

Then if all goes well, next weekend should have an American Wheat Ale.

Gonna bottle my American Wheat today & rack my Hopslamish to the secondary. Was gonna try & brew but might hafts put that off till tomorrow.

Brewing here today in Washington. Speciality beer called octopus ink ! Just racked a drakes extra. :mug:

Pale ale. A number of firsts (and seconds) - second no-sparge brew, second FWH, first attempt at hop bursting, first attempt at changing water chemistry, first time I added flame out hops and let them steep before beginning chilling. So of course I won't be able to tell what did what, but WTH, it's my beer :mug:!

Brewing 11 gallons of BierMuncher's Multiple-Centennial Blonde. Just finished the first runnings and the second is draining now. :mug:

two in one day imperial red and belgian tripel, and kegged two in the same day. SWMBO was out of town and I had lots of time!

I'm about 5 minutes away from the start of a boil, 13.5g of wort. I might not have enough propane! Thinking about looking into electric.

Our local Brew club RAZE, did a club brew last night. 50 gallons of an IPA using all Cascade hopps.

IMG_20120204_154750.jpg

IMG_20120204_180556.jpg

We had a great time :ban:

tdogg said:
Done! my efficiency wasn't great but i still ended up at about 1.085 OG. I'm pretty sure this one is going to get cocoa and Chipotle peppers in secondary.

I've been thinking of doing one of these too, though maybe on a milk stout base, be really curious to hear this one turns out.

Last week I brewed my first, home brew ever; a double IPA. Today I put it in the secondary to set on some more hops till ?. So while I was in the cook shack, I brewed some alpine wheat, and Belgian wheat. Guess I better get busy learning about Kegging and converting my refrigerator, cause I have 15 gallons making bubbles in the pantry!

Wow. Can you give a description of some of the equipment? What's it take to get 50 + gallons to a boil?

Unfortunately I can't tell you much. One of the members is in the process of putting this system together. However it's far from complete. He has three 55gal stainless steel drums. We only used the one with two propane burners underneath. It worked quite well. We used a number of burners with smaller kettles to heat up the mash and sparge water. As you can see from the pics the mash was done by evenly splitting the grains into 4 separate MT. After the boil the wort went through a plate chiller into our buckets. We're all using what ever yeast we like, some will dry hop. We hope to get all the brews together at a future meeting for comparing.

I know its not the weekend but I just mashed in on what will be a Blueberry Wheat for a bridal shower. I missed my mash temp by about 6 degrees which is odd because I am usually right on. It my first time using the ball valve on my kettle and I am thinking that the water falling through the air into my mash tun cooled it off as its about 36 degrees out. I even brought my mash tun inside last night so it would warm up and added 140 degree water in the deadspace to preheat it. Oh well, ran off some running heated it up to about 185 added it back in and we are now at 152.

An IPA with centennial, citra, amarillo. Simple malt; golden promise, Vienna and a few percent wheat.

Not sure what to do when it comes time to dry hop, got a week or so to think about it though.

Brewed a centennial pale ale this weekend. Pitched two days ago. Going psychotic when I left for work this morning

Brewing 10 gallons of porter in my 3 (count 'em 3) new 20 gallon Blichmanns. After this batch, I'll be punching holes in 2 of them for heating elements... going to convert to an all electric system... life is good.

Might do my experimental IPA with 8# 2row, 1.5# Red wheat,1.5# Rye malt, and 4oz Spec. B using Zythos and sorachi ace hops. Stoked!

I'm brewin' up a pilsner at this very moment.

OK, so technically, I'm only heating water at this point, but soon . . .

Doing a double batch today, AHS 1554 clone and my own brown porter. I haven't brewed since October and the pipeline is hurting.

Back