So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping to brew an american lager this weekend, but supplies didn't arrive in time. So I brewed a blond ale instead.

Just started the boil on a 2.5 gallon "Amarillo Blonde". This is my first time using Amarillo so i'm anxious to see how this turns out.

I just got laid off on Friday so, my brew days will move to Tuesday. It is easier to do it during the week when the kids are at school. Plus, I can spend more time with them on the weekends when they are home. That being said, Tuesday I am brewing a nut brown ale.

truse said:
Just wrapped up an amber ale flavored with juniper berries. Really looking forward to it.

if it turns out well be sure to post a recipe. I've been looking for a juniper recipe.

Was gonna brew over the weekend but decided to just bottle(my organic british bastard) but I just brewed today, an Irish Red ( A little choc/roasted barley crystal 60 and toasted malt-british yeast-mmm mmm- gonna be good)from the Complete homebrewers book although i do all grain instead. Second time i toasted my base grain and used it smelled nutty and the boil smelled like cinnimon for some reason-smelled good,usually i dont care for the smell of the boil too much. And there only seems to be a minute where the hops smell good,then it just smells like cooked vegetables and grass or something.

Brewed a Irish red two weeks ago and transferred that to secondary. Put my all Simcoe IPA I brewed three weeks ago in a corny. And brewed a all Citra IPA that is fermenting like crazy right now....I need more fermentors!!!

I just brewed my second batch, an American-style hef with sweet orange peel, coriander, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Fermentation is going very smoothly (I did a starter for the first time). I'm going to try to let this one ferment for three weeks, as my first one tasted like it needed time to mellow. Is three weeks the right amount, or too much? I'm also going to let it sit in the bottles for three weeks.

After finally getting my brew rig set up and painted, getting my false bottom from Jaybird at Norcal, and making my stir plate....I'm back to brewing this coming weekend.

Imperial Stout: Chip's Beard. Designed to complement Chip on his awesome beard from BrewingTV. :mug:

Doing a pre-Super Bowl brew party at a buds house. Brewing up a 10G batch of stout.

Brewing a Triple this Sunday whilst smoking some dead animal and tapping into our first run of a whiskey barrel stout we brewed about 3 weeks ago.

Doing an Irish Red Ale this weekend to have for st patty's day, yeast starter is on the spin plate right now. Damn, I get excited about brewing beer!

making a nut-brown ale -but I'm really pushing the clock. Wife had car troubles so my brewday was scrapped and I work thurs and fri. The 11th will be having oysters on the open fire (grin) -and I want to bring some beer to that -so I'm trying to get a good jump on the fermentation by making a big starter (just pitched the yeast to it a moment ago) and instead of fermenting in the temp control 'chamber' (chest freezer) I'll just tuck it into the closet -plans are to cold crash it in one keg, at about 34F, under plenty of CO2 to try to ramp up the carbonation, then the night before the oyster roast, I'll just transfer it to a fresh keg (off the sediment) and I SHOULD be good to go. I hate doing something like this, but well, thats part of the way it goes.

Building my fermentation chamber this weekend and starting to force carbonate my first kegged beer in my new keezer!!! :rockin:

Back to brewing next weekend with my first lager and 10gal of my Coronado Imperial Red

I may brew a Bohemian Pilsner... My kegerator has three kegs in it, I have a doppelbock that is almost two weeks in ferm and ingredients for a couple quick flip ales ( an English Pale Ale and a dry stout) on the way from AHS. SO, if I don't get to pils right away, it won't kill me. :)

I get to brew this weekend WooooooooHooooooooo. Havent brewed in over a month and the pipline is almost on EMPTY. I'm thinking my german pale ale is up for a rebrew

Back