So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using up some DME that is 3 years old to brew a stout. Kegging my bitter and fermenting on top of the WL 005 yeast trub in the carboy. Expecting a fast and furious start!

I'm brewing the Weizenbock kit from norther brewers right now... I added in a half pound of flaked oats with the special grains b/c I read some where that oats will help keep wheat extract beers cloudy

Monday is my weekend...

Brewing: Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout Clone;
Mixing up a batch Skeeter Pee;
Racking 5gal Apfelwein to bottles;
Mixing another 5gal of apfelwein;
Bottling Blue Moon Clone

Good times, yeah, good times...

Doing 2 brews at the same time on Saturday...

5 gallon of barley wine
5 gallon of all brett pale ale

SNPA Clone for me today or tomorrow. Need to make a trip to Maltose Express first today to stock up on a few items.

-Josh

Tomorrow is my first AG, it'll be a BIAB cream ale based on Midwest's kit. I did the same thing, with an extract kit, and SWMBO is quite pleased with her beer. Hope she likes this one just as much.

Making the Fat Tire clone today - with a decoction mash!
Decoction is done, just sitting at the mash temp now waiting for the 60 minute ding.

Just finished up a new recipe for a dry stout....it's fermenting away happily and I'm already antsy to try the finished product.

Just racked an Amarillo Ale into my fermenter. Safeale 05 is doing its thing and the Suns are playing tonight. All-in-all, my kind of weekend for sure!

I am bottleing a Bells best brown clone this evening, and brewing the DFH 60 min recipe from BYO's 150 classic clones tomorrow morning.

The Beall's is clear and very clean tasting, and I am pretty excited about the Dogfish.

Grain order finly arrived via Fedex this afternoon looks like I'll be brewing 10-gallons of my chocolate brown tomorrow. Going to add mint to the second 5-gallon fermenter. Hope to turn it around in a month for our annual winter solstice party.

brewed a super hoppy juniper red ale last night, threw the ingredients through a calculator and it looks like 80 something IBU, hopefully wont overpower the juniper.

Brewed mutilated1's lakeside lager. Mashed a bit high but otherwise no surprises. Fermenting away in the freezer for the next two weeks.

Bottled and Kegged the Pumpkin Ale
IMG_20101120_111052.jpg

One casualty
IMG_20101120_120756.jpg

Well, my plans have changed. I was going to do SWMBO's cream ale today and test my new IC and a hop spider I made, along with a totally new process and having a friend help with the brew. But, the large internet company I ordered from neglected to put one of the yeasts in the box. So, I'll have to do the brew that was planned for next week, a tame Belgian Blond Ale will be in the bucket this afternoon.

Brewing up the 11/11/11 Old Ale today. Water heating as we speak. I wish I could have got a 4 hour earlier start but the wife is does her best to screw with me on brew days it seems.

I feel your pain. I got a much later start and even got the comment "your beer takes priority over everything"...

Needless to say, I took the back door off the hinges and sanded it down so it closes better during the mash today just to get somewhat back into her good graces....

i intend on bottling and/or kegging some dark german ale either tonight or sometime tomarrow.......... :mug:

due to unintended plans in helping a freind in need out, i didn't get to bottle my german ale until tonight. getting off work early tomarrow so i may end up possibly brewing up another batch of something tomarrow. :mug:

Brewed a Spotted Cow Cream Ale with Kolsch yeast today and am now having my first tasting of my Hoegaarden clone attempt, my first AG batch using Wyeast Forbidden Fruit yeast and I am very pleased with what will be the Thanksgiving Day brew at the family gathering.

Brewed a half gallon of super hoppy starter to blend with my barley wine, hopefully to add some extra bitterness and the added yeast to get my FG to come down a bit from 1.030.

Although I am pretty happy with how its shaping up, just looking to cut the sweet a tad.

Latest posts

Back