So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kegging a Coopers kit tomorrow. I might brew up something simple in the Mr. Beer fermenter on Sunday. Boy, a lot of pre-hopped extract kits for me this weekend.

OKAY, I live a good mile from the freeway and I'm hearing the Chippy's on the PA out there....something's going down!

Hopefully putting together a Pomegranate Blonde today to be ready for the holidays. Sadly I'll have no Nevada football to watch while brewing... they're not televising the game. But look out next week, Boise State!

I'm not brewing, but I'm going to try to throw together a DIY stirplate, and do some harvesting from a few of the commercial brews in my fridge. I also might rack half of my 10 gallons belgian wit onto some bananas as an experiment. Definitely brewing next weekend, so if I can get a working stirplate and harvest from SN Celebration Ale with a couple of steps up in starter size, I'm going to make something big next weekend. I guess I could try to count making a starter as brewing, I will be boiling a little bit of DME and pitching some yeast into it...:rockin:

Heating up the sparge water for my second brew of the weekend. Fat Tire clone in process.

Got a PA kit to take care of either today or tomorrow.

Brewed an 80/- on Thursday using mostly Marris Otter and a touch of Chocolate and caramelized the first runnings. Just finished brewing up a porter I'm adding vanilla beans to in secondary and I'm brewing an Oatmeal Stout either tomorrow or Monday. Depends how my back feels.

i have a red ale i'm planning to brew sometime this weekend. i have extract with grain kit, so even if i start it about 8:30-9:00 tonight, i can have it done by midnight. :mug:

Going to be brewing Jamil's Lefty Blonde this evening. Racking it onto a Wyeast 3864-PC Canadian/Belgian Ale yeast cake.

Brewing Black Lab's Orange/Cascade Ale today. Got the boil Going now. This batch goes against my own Credo. Beer should only be Water, Grain, Yeast, and Hops. But What the hell. Ya gotta try something new every now and then to keep it fresh. :fro:

brewing a scottish 60/- on wed. just started my starter, crushed the grains, trying to figure out how much boiloff i'm going to have in a 120 min boil, and with that boil, if i need to take some of the first runnings and reduce it.

Brewing another Kentucky Common and an Irish Red tomorrow.

Just got finished setting up for an early morning brew. Doing a Brown. Then Golf in the Afternoon, followed by a Party in the Evening. Me thinks Monday will be a long day.:mug:

Brewed my bride's beer this afternoon (Henry Weinhard's clone), and tomorrow I'm brewing my own beer: a Patersbier (Belgian Abbey Ale). I thought I might get them both in today, but it got too late and had to watch the neighbor baby. Oh well, two days is better than one long one when it comes to brewing!

Brewed my bride's beer this afternoon (Henry Weinhard's clone), and tomorrow I'm brewing my own beer: a Patersbier (Belgian Abbey Ale). I thought I might get them both in today, but it got too late and had to watch the neighbor baby. Oh well, two days is better than one long one when it comes to brewing!

I brought a bunch of the northern brewer patersbier to a function tonight, it was well recieved by the crowd. I was surprised.
:off:

No brewing this weekend, but am going to brew on Black Friday. Wife has to work so I am planning on brewing an Octoberfest to use the yeast cake from a Munich Dunkel.

5 gal of a Bitter very similar in recipe to Jamil's Ordinary Bitter is now sitting in my no-chill cube. Yeasties go in tonight probably.

Can't brew this weekend because I have run out of room. Am comforting myself with some sweet cider... :cross:

I bottled Janet's Brown Ale yesterday, and I just finished brewing a partial mash batch of Reprobate, Stout both recipes from Brewing Classic Styles. I overshot my gravity a bit. I ended up with 1.076 as opposed to the 1.072 estimated in the recipe. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Busy Saturday. Kegged Lil Sparky's Nut Brown, kegged Edwort's IPA to dryhop, racked a Coldwater 420 to secondary, and brewed Edwort's Robust Porter. Finally got my ceramic bulb so I can keep my fermentation chamber warm now.

Brewing now...

Classic American Pilsner
7.5 lbs 2-row
1.45 lbs flaked maize
2.0 lbs Yellow corn meal

I was originally going for 3 lbs of flaked maize, but the LHBS ran out. 1.45 lb was all they had left. Then I bought a 2 lb box of corn meal. Instead of measuring out and having 0.45 lb left over, I decided to use the whole box. So the gravity is a little higher...

One cereal mash later and the mash is now sitting at 152. I'm playing with the hos schedule now. Around 35 IBU's with a good bit of late hopping. I've got a good pitch of WLP 830 waiting in the fridge.

Mashed my grain bill for 5 gallons of Ed Wort's tonight. Will boil tomorrow.
I'm going to experiment with late hop additions this time. One half ounce each at 20, 10, 5 and 0.

Just wieghed out my Grain Bill for 2009's Franken Brau. This Grain Bill and Hop Schedule is a little scary, but what the hell. Left overs are left overs. :fro:

Yesterday was a beautiful, brisk (for Florida), sunny day. Made a Robust Porter to go in one of those barrels Sacc is getting from Balcones.

Used 1.5 packets of the 'new' Nottingham I got from the recall. Just started blowing off a few hours ago so...no slow start with these.

Latest posts

Back