So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just brewed a 3 gallon porter on thursday evening, and a 3 gallon A.P.A. on friday. I had to get all of my brewing done before the girlfriend arrived from out of town for the weekend. So I have a few weeks to relax and just enjoy my previous batches.

Did my first batch ever on Saturday. AHS Autanum Pale Ale kit. I hit my SG right on the nose, which made me happy being my first brew and all. Now I wait......

Brewed up an ESB on Sunday and took about an extra 1/2 gallon of wort and threw in some wild yeast I had captured. The initial smell of it wasn't impressive but interested in seeing how this comes out.

Brewed a slightly modified version of BM's Black Pearl Porter this morning. Kept the OG a little lower (1.053). Called it Sweetheart Porter in honor of Valentine's Day. I told my wife, but she didn't care :rolleyes: since she doesn't like beer.

I did a brew day with my Grandfather. I think he really enjoyed himself. In all these years he's never brewed beer. We did a 3 Gal. AG Belgian Wit. He's a fan of Belgian's and my Grandmother loves a big citrusy IPA.

I'm planning on doing a ipa to get some yeast for a double bastard clone. I'm doing next weekend.

Wife and kids heading out of town this weekend. I have Friday-sometime Sunday to do whatever. What shall I do???

Oh, and I have a small training class downstate tomorrow, and I chose the afternoon session so I could be free to stop at the LHBS on the way home. Need to get some yeast for that IIPA! I better start shirking my job duties and get that hops strainer project put together!!

I have the upcoming Monday off, it's a holiday in Ontario ;) Wife has to work, so I'll probably do a double brew day to prepare for baby coming! Probably another batch of Janet's Brown, and maybe another batch of Yooper's DFH 60 min. clone.

I'm taking a week-long stay-cation starting this Friday and will likely be brewing 2-3 batches. I've got a kink in my system and have been producing off flavors in the last three batches. Time to tinker and get that fixed. A pale, an irish red, a breakfast stout, and a pilsner are all queued up at this point. It's just a matter of time now :)

Friday the 11th, I made an Austin Homebrew Low Carb beer for SWMBO and yesterday for Valentines day I brewed an Austin Black Ale. Both are chugging away nicely.

noodle23 said:
Just finished 10gallons of my super secert IPA. Round two hoping it comes out like the first time

So umm...can you share the recipe? :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

I actually made my first batch ever yesterday; a Brown Ale. I am extremely excited.

A Brown Ale is a great choice for your first batch. Do yourself a favor; don't drink all of it right away. It'll be a totally different (and better) beer about 4 -6 weeks after bottling. Welcome to the wonderful world of home brewing!

did biermuncher's centennial blonde last weekend and doing the beecave brewery hefe this weekend as well as bottling 10G of vesper's abbey dubbel and 5G of my IIPA....should be a good weekend

Hopefully gonna try to brew Ed's IPA. SWMBO's grandparent's are down from Nederland tho, so I may not get to it. I'm kinda excited to have her opa try my Belgian dubbel!

Getting ingredients together to make a 10g batch of belgian triple with rye malt. Think i might take half and throw some brett in there for fun.

Well, not I thanks to Midwest's lazy shipping. Ordered Sunday and it shipped out Wednesday (yes everything was in stock). So now I won't get my order till Tuesday. :mad:

It's a 3 day weekend for me and I was so looking forward to doing these two hefeweizen recipes I formulated but won't be able to do them now until the following weekend. I have to order from someplace that ships quicker from now on, like Northern.

Rev.

Well, not I thanks to Midwest's lazy shipping. Ordered Sunday and it shipped out Wednesday (yes everything was in stock). So now I won't get my order till Tuesday. :mad:

It's a 3 day weekend for me and I was so looking forward to doing these two hefeweizen recipes I formulated but won't be able to do them now until the following weekend. I have to order from someplace that ships quicker from now on, like Northern.

Rev.

You had one slow shipping order and you're throwing them under the bus?

You had one slow shipping order and you're throwing them under the bus?

And wanting to order from a place that either ships faster or is closer is considered throwing a company under the bus? Northern is in the same state and has shipped my orders the next day. There's also the point that I always have to call in to get a tracking number as well. Not critical but annoying.

Rev.

And wanting to order from a place that either ships faster or is closer is considered throwing a company under the bus? Northern is in the same state and has shipped my orders the next day. There's also the point that I always have to call in to get a tracking number as well. Not critical but annoying.

Rev.

No but complaining how lazy their shipping is after one slow shipment is.

I'm waiting for my lazy lager yeast to floc in the starter so I can brew Sunday. Cream of the 3 Crops lager style with a touch of cascade.

Brewed last weekend, bottling this weekend, brewing next weekend, probably bottling next weekend too... Thus continues the Brew Circle of Life... :D

Pretty much every weekend I'm either brewing, bottling, or both... :rockin:

Forgot to include what's being done to what... DOH!!

This weekend: Bottling: Dirty Old Man (old ale)
Next weekend: 2/26 Brewing: Honey Cream Ale
Same weekend 2/27 Bottling: Boddington's Pub Ale clone

Need to start thinking about what's going to be brewed the following weekend...

A Gruit with Trappist High Gravity Wyeast 3787 and real wild rosemary as well as yarrow, gale, and mugwort.

Then I plan on doing something else on Monday but not sure what yet. Maybe an ipa.

Back