So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just mashed in on an IPA. Rained like crazy all day yesterday and woke up to bright sunny skies! Hopefully taking this one on a guys trip to one of my buddies cabin in just under a month.

Racking my peanut butter imperial stout into the secondary fermenter today. My track record with stouts has been uneven at best, but it's my favorite style, so I guess I'll keep failing until I get it right.

2 gallons of apple cider. figured it was more cost effective to grab some organic apple juice and make some cider in the process, while getting a couple of gallon glass jugs for free :)

Brewing 5 gallons of a hearty mead from my bees honey.

That's a lot of honey! It shall be delicious though.

I wasn't able to get my grain prepared as my lhbs was closed today. That means no brewing tomorrow but I have an alternate plan. As an anniversary gift I got my wife some tomato and pepper plants for a container garden (at her behest). It will be my task tomorrow to get this completed.

It's our 11th, btw... Ain't love grand??!

Last edited:
Brewed today(well yesterday..) 11 gallons of my "house" ale all my friends drink as fast as I can brew it!

Mid sparge in the picture...

w8hb6by.jpg

First thing in the morning will be the beginning of a double brew day for me. I will be brewing my first NEIPA, and also a summer wheat beer. I may be biting off more than I can chew, but with a couple birthday parties coming up, I want my kegerator filled with some of my homebrews for the guests.

Brewing up another batch of lager this morning...so far my preboil gravity came in 9 points less than the last one, and what I THOUGHT was enough propane....wasn't. Quick trip to the store and we're back in business, but there goes 20 minutes of the brewday. Oh well, it will be beer, and if it turns out as good as his big brother, now lagering in the fridge...might just have to keep this one on tap.

A beer loving friend is recently gluten intolerant. Soooo.....I’m attempting my first gluten free beer. Typical Sarghum recipe that will be heavily hopped. Morebeer “low gluten” American Pale Ale. “Low Gluten” because it uses 1lb if Crystal 40. Morebeer says their lab shows basically non measurable amount of the enzyme that causes the intolerance. Has anyone used this recipe? Live to hear feedback.

First All Grain brew ever. A Schwarzbier.

Pic isn't great, but it all works. Mashing right now at 152F using the DIY controller.

UBZSL66.jpg

AJ

So this weekend I brewed up a Hefeweizen this weekend... Bought a new pump, so this was somewhat of a trial run to see how I would utilize the pump during my process.

Used the pump for recirculating my mash in the last 10 minutes or so, as well as to whirlpool after the pool to aid in cooling around my immersion chiller. Made a nice trub cone in the middle, which is something I was never able to achieve manually when I did it. So that’s nice! Some minor adjustments for my next brew day, but all-in-all went good.

Hit my OG target of 1.050-1.051, oxygenated for 30s (vs. 1 minute as typical) and pitched a single pack of WLP300 without a starter right from the pack. Fermenting at 68F. Grist was 35% Weyermann Pils and 65% Weyermann Wheat.

I brewed this Saturday and fermentation is already winding down slightly via airlock activity this morning. I did a FFT and will check the gravity on that this evening, but I expect to keg the beer by Tuesday/Wed and then spund/finish for a day or two after. Will be a quick one! Will tap alongside a brand new German Pils and Festbier I have ready to go… They are just lagering at the moment for the past 3-4 weeks, can’t waittttt to crack into these!

Will be brewing this Friday again as my last beer to re-fill my keezer for a party we are having, in which all four will be tapped at once. I allowed my pipeline to go “dry” and have a single IPL on at the moment on purpose so I could do this four-keg unveil. But it was good as I was able to clean/bleach my keezer walls/flooring and such.

But my Friday beer will be a 6% NE IPA with Vic Secret, Galaxy and Simcoe… WLP007. Will be trying a new keg hopping method this time around (only did it once before), so I am excited to see how it turns out. I have those hop-filter keg strainer canister things… The first time, I put 1.5oz or so of dry hop into the canister and then racked the beer into the keg as usual. This time, I want to drill a hole in the lid of the canister and drop the dip-tube right into the middle of it. Then throwing my dry hop charge loose into the keg. I will be doing two dry hop charges, one during active fermentation and then the second in the keg alone near FG so I can spund and avoid the O2 pickup.

Like the other beers, I am brewing Friday (4th) and plan to tap it alongside the other three by the 12th.

I will be brewing a Kolsch on Friday. I have no Pils malt, but using Canadian 2 row, Perle and Saaz with Escarpment Kolsch yeast.

Saturday I bottled 5gallons each of Belgian Tripel, Oktoberfest Lager, Russian Imperial Stout, and an imperial nut Brown ale. Sunday I brewed a Belgian Dark strong and a Witbier.

Over the weekend I brewed a rye Kentucky Common. Went well besides a minor mishap. First time brewing almost 6 months! Good to be back in it again!

Last edited:
Helping a novice friend brew an all Mosaic IPA tomorrow. He likes them hazy so will be adding wheat/oats, the usuals. 1318. Aiming for 6%.

Going to do my second batch on the Robobrew tonight, a hoppy wheat if I can find a spot outside to hide from the wind (20-30 mph sustained with gusts up to 55-65 mph) . Worst case I'll set up in the shed.

Sadly no brewing for me :(.

The Belgium Tripel I brewed last weekend is still bubbling away in the fermentation chamber and if I take it out it will likely get too cold so I have to wait for next weekend at least then its probably time to brew a porter.

A steam beer is on deck for today as I am brewing at my lhbs for national homebrew day which is also Cinco de Mayo, which is also national naked gardening day...

My dance card is full!

Recently started attempting to harvest yeast with some success. Mostly brewing NEIPAs so there’s often too much hop trub. Decided to do Braufessors Blonde mainly for yeast purposes by also who doesn’t like an easy drinking blonde ale for the summer months?? And more importantly I felt obligated to brew for national homebrew day!

6.5 pounds of Belgian pils and 1.5 pounds of Vienna are almost finished mashing (4 gallon batch.) I know I said a day or two ago that I was gonna brew this weekend, but often when I say that it doesn't happen. :oops: I better go dig thru the freezer and find some hops...

I'm out, was hoping to do a blonde this weekend but the new brew toys I wanted didn't show up in time. Another mid-week brew for me. Life is 'tough'!

I made a Dortmunder Export today and a Festbier two days ago. Good thing I have lots of lager yeast.

A steam beer is on deck for today as I am brewing at my lhbs for national homebrew day which is also Cinco de Mayo, which is also national naked gardening day...

My dance card is full!

Just got my wort in the swamp cooler to pitch yeast. Everything went well but I am whipped! The owner of the lhbs gave me a 50% discount because I brewed on premises today. Bought a pound of centennial hops and 15#'s of base malt for my next brew.

Woo hoo!!

Awesome! Thanks. I will give it a try.
(Original Recipe)
Honey Basil Beer

6.6 lbs briess light LME
1lb gambrinus honey malt
8oz us white wheat
4oz us carapils
4 oz us flaked barley

Hops
1oz ekg 60 minute
1/2 oz ekg 30 minute
1/2 oz ekg 15 minute Ekg is eastern kunig(sp) goldings

1tsp irish moss 15 minute
2oz fresh basil with leaves and stems and 1lb honey at 10 minute

Us-05 yeast

Steep crushed grains at 155f for 30 minutes and Remove grain bag

Add LME and DME gambrinus honey and bring to boil

Start hop schedule when boiling

Chill to 75f and pitch yeast.

I'm brewing a 10 gallon batch of generic Belgian blonde. In about 10 days, I'll add a brett starter to the fermenter, and the following weekend I'll split it into 2 buckets. One bucket will get 12 pounds of cherries and a dose of Special B wort. The other bucket gets 12 pounds of crabapples. Both buckets will sit until June 20 when I rack them to kegs.

15 gallons of DIPA. 2row, 22%Wheat, 10% oats with hop extract and centennial for bittering. Denali and a bit of citra at whirlpool. 7.12% 89ibu and WLP brux Trois. Shooting for a pineapple bond with a bit of dank

Back