So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The krausen is finally starting to settle on my starter,& it's getting lighter colored. Looks like I'll be brewing my Hopped & Confused ale v2 tomorrow.

Yup a Mai Bock for bottling and a hefe for the keg. Now I just gotta get motivated and get out to the shop and get started. One of these days my tower will be done and I can just roll it onto the back deck and cook to my hearts content, till then I have to come and go to my shop to run off a batch when I get the urge. That is definately inconvenient since I gotta run the hose from the spigot and get it all set up before I can cook. Oh well that isn't gonna last forever since my tower is almost done now, just a bit mor and it will be down to wiring the control box....
Wheelchair Bob

I am peace java stout. That was yesterday am doing an irish red today.

ForumRunner_20130210_094426.jpg

YES!
561631_698046178120_1559128496_n.jpg

NOOOO!
543740_698072525320_14638602_n.jpg

That's a remake of my coffee stout which is probably one of the best beers i've ever made. Also made a brown ale.

Brewed a Blood Orange Hefeweizen with German Hallertau. OG was 1.046 and pitched with WLP300.

Can't wait for this one to be done.

Brewing a rye ipa this weekend. Just trying to decide on yeast. Probably will be lazy and use us-05, but really wanna try the san diego super.

Brewing 60 liters of an American Barleywine tomorrow to fill an oak muscat cask. ~37 kg of malt grist, 3 mash tuns. Nothing like doing 2 new things at once... (Actually, the beer will be in 3 glass carboys until the krausen falls, so not technically at once). All advice happily received. :)

I need to brew this week/weekend. Wife wants to have a "kill the kegs" party two weekends from now, which means I'll be damn-near out of beer if both kegs go that night. I'm thinking of brewing a 9g batch and a 5g batch on the same day, since I do my large mashes for 3-8 hours I can easily get the 5g done while the big mash is going. I just need to pick two beers to make, one that the wife will like and one that will keep me satisfied.

Working on a red rye recipe based off the info given out by two brothers regarding their cane and ebel hopped up red rye. My first time working with rye so i'm a little anxious.

Rice hulls are your friend. A handful, rinsed first, should do.

I figured I would have to use some rice hulls on that recipe. I use them when I add oatmeal so i figured the flaked rye would be treated the same. I posted it under the recipes/ingredients forum if your interested.

Thanks though, because that makes me feel better about my decision making

:mug:

I'll probably be doing my 1st 5gal batch ever this weekend..heck, I just did my first ever (AG too) 1gal batch last night (Amber Ale Mini-Monster..it went OK I think, looked like the yeastie boys were kicking in nicely this morning).

Its an extract kit, that I'll be mini-mashing the steeping grains with some 2-Row and a little flaked oats, because homebrew :tank:

So wish me luck...this forum as taught me so much.

I had my brew day postponed for two weeks now. Finally, this weekend, I will be brewing the Wookey Jack clone I've been waiting for. Making the starter tonight.

Good luck Beergazzi, this site has taught me so much as well. I'm looking forward to my first AG this Spring.

Today or tomorrow I'll get started on my 2nd batch this week,a dark lager recipe a member gave me. I'm adding German yeast,German/Czech hops,& .5lb of rauchmalt. I've named it "Pork Soda"! :ban:

My 3 pound AG BIAB batch arrives today from Northern Brewer. Oatmeal Cookie brown, Get to use my carboy this time, other bucket is full of fermenting Boston red from last Sunday......

This coming weekend we are bottling a Hefe and starting a Maibock. Cider is being brewed tonight! Once the Cider finishes and is bottled the Maibock will go into that fermenter (cleaned and sterilized) to lager for a month. Busy next couple of weeks!

Back