So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to be here and be brewing this weekend. Love me some brew days. Did u decide on what you're gonna do next?

OF course not. I'll probably come up with something 11th hour today/tonight and just throw it together. That's how I roll. Usually I'm just too lazy to run to HBS and get specialty grains when I have lots of random stuff leftover anyway.

I do have some smoked malts that I was thinking of doing a porter with. There's a recipe here I would base it on, but kinda just do my own thing. I don't have any dark grains, though, so I might have to stop at HBS anyway :mad:

Brewing a chocolate milk stout! Racking my cider and kegging my Scottish ale. Busy brew weekend for me

Brewing AHB Blue Moon Clone with my son while sample a few of our past brews, then watch a good football game

I'm doing the White House honey ale. I spent 3hours on the road to get ingredients.

Just finish a 10 gal BIAB amber ale. Remind me to rig up a pulley the next time I do 10 gal BIAB. 19# of wet grain is heavy!

Big brew weekend here. First up is a partial mash trippel which I hope to get done today. Tomorrow ill do a ag blonde ale recipe - session beer change of pace from all the big dark holiday beers.

Did 5.5 gals of Breakfast Stout yesterday. First batch with my new mashtun setup, but I missed the mark by 8 pts. Gotta tighten the malt mill.

Bottled a smash of the new HBC342 to see what this hop is like.... Wow the non carbonated sip was great! Then I brewed a new recipe with Citra and Zythos with the grain mill i Just put together from the ugly junk posts! Thing works great and I think I will have great efficiency.

What recipe are you using? I'd like to brew a Christmas ale/ winter warmer myself. What I would like to aim for would be a nice dark roasted malt beer with coffee undertones, yet some holiday spice to go along with it

KISS Recipe. I don't like overly spiced beers, but this one keeps it to a dull roar while still tasting like the holidays.

12lb 2-Row
1lb 8oz Munich Malt
12oz Chocolate Malt
12oz Crystal 60
1oz Northern Brewer at 60 mins
.5oz Norther Brewer at 10 mins
1oz Cinnamon Sticks at 10 mins
1oz Sweet Orange Peel at 10 mins
1oz Ginger Root at 10mins
Irish Ale Yeast

Good luck!

I'm getting a late start and I have a cold but I'm brewing ten gallons of a Centennial IPA that I just formulated. Still need to grind the grain but the HLT is at temp ready to go and hops are measured.

Just kegged a Sierra Nevada clone. I think it turned out pretty well. Currently boiling a batch of my roommate's recipe for an x-mas spiced ale. Just added the spices, the house smells great!

First time in six months. Feels great to get back at it.

image-1027273856.jpg

brewed a variation of BM's Centennial Blonde using Honey malt and hops on- hand. 9g in ferment chamber chugging.

Double brew weekend

A Cream Ale with San Francisco Lager Yeast I'm calling " Blinded by the Light" and the Christmas "Holly" ale that is on HBT

image-335624281.jpg

Looking to make a mild with 5% chocolate rye malt for a little twist. Probably a double brew day alongside my Silent Night Festiv-ale (SN Celebration clone).

Brewing an orange pale ale on Sunday. Got a new yeast culture from Bells started last night. Time to string off another 5-6 brews with that yeast.

This weekend I'll be starting my third batch, Winter Dark Ale. I have Mexican Cerveza conditioning and Oktoberfest fermenting.

Just doughed in my Red Dragon Imperial India Red Ale. It has 1 oz of Columbus in the mash. First time mash hopping and man it smells good.

Latest posts

Back