So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brew day may have to be postponed to sometime during the week due to the fact that i have to work this weekend. darn! :mug:

Moving a Dead Guy clone to secondary, washing yeast, and brewing a Mac and Jacks clone.

Just finished another 1 gallon batc h -- Gambrinus ESB and 1/4 lb of Thai palm sugar, Willammette hops, Wyeast 1056. The gravity ended up being 'way more than I was aiming for (1.070 instead of 1.055), but (like last week) I'm still learning. And hey...it's beer! :mug:

Brewed 5 gallons of Belgian Strong Dark Ale and I brewed ten gallons of Ordinary bitter today.

Moving a Dead Guy clone to secondary, washing yeast, and brewing a Mac and Jacks clone.

Nice, I'm planning up a Mac and Jacks this coming weekend, couldnt get supplies in time for this weekend. What recipe you following?

Nice, I'm planning up a Mac and Jacks this coming weekend, couldnt get supplies in time for this weekend. What recipe you following?

This is the recipe I'm using. About to pitch the yeast, just waiting for the wort to cool down a few more degrees.

6.6 lbs light LME
0.5 lbs light DME
0.5 lbs crystal 80
0.5 lbs carapils (dextrin) malt
9.3 AAU Centennial hops (1 oz @ 9.3% alpha) for 60 min
0.5 sweet orange peel @ 30 min
6.2 AAU Cascade hops (0.75 oz @ 8.3% alpha) for 2 min
4.2 AAU Cascade hops (0.5 oz @ 8.3% alpha) dry hopping
1 tsp Irish moss
Wyeast 1098 (British Ale) yeast

I brewed Austin Homebrews Texas Blonde from their 50cent brew page. I am tempted to dump some dried blueberries into the secondary but I dont know if I want to yet.

Friday night I moved a Red to a secondary (first time I have transferred), and then Saturday I brewed a PM Bitter. The bitter is a recipe I am trying to convert from extract, so I am not sure that it will be quite what I am hoping for, but judging by the fermentation, it WILL be beer. And that makes me happy.

I brewed Austin Homebrews Texas Blonde from their 50cent brew page. I am tempted to dump some dried blueberries into the secondary but I dont know if I want to yet.

I did almost the exact same thing, same kit, and i added 12 oz blueberries, 12 oz raspberries, and 12 oz strawberries in the secondary.

here's what i learned.... add the fruit gradually.

I ended up with SUPER tart beer that took nearly 8 months to mellow out in the bottle. now it's actually pretty good (even with the odd purplish-pink color)

good luck. Hope it turns out well!

I just placed an order for my next 5 recipes worth of specialty grains, plus a lb of irish moss, and some oak chips. All shipped for ~$40 from BMW. So hopefully I'll be posting to this thread often.

I'll be making:
- Bee Cave Rye IPA
- Beamish-ish Stout clone
- Stock Ale (modified Arrogant Bastard clone)
- Deschutes Jubalale clone
- Oaked American Barleywine

No more brewing for me this year. Its finals week and then home for break. First couple beers that I will be brewing when I get back are:

MO/WGV SMaSH
Goose Island Mild Winter Clone
Brown Porter
Oatmeal Stout

Just finished making 5g Oktoberfest (Smoothest proccess of the 3 batches so far)

Hopefully after christmas I can get another primary and make a vanilla porter before the new years.

Not brewing this weekend, but whenever my hops from AHS arrive, I'll be brewing an imperial IPA

I plan to brew my variation of the Bee Cave Rye IPA on Sunday to get some healthy yeast going for my American Barleywine, which I plan to partygyle into a lighter beer as well. I need another burner and some extra hands perhaps. I need to get all my kegs full before my garden hose freezes up solid. Good thing work eases up this time of year.

Actually just finished a blood orange hefe (waiting for the airlock to bubble...the suspense is killing me). Five gallons and it smelt so good! Not to mention it's my first batch done without a kit so I hope it turns out okay.

Weather on Saturday is looking cold, but good enough for brewing. Plan is to brew a nut brown while doing some kegging, secondary transfers and yeast washing. The zinfandel might be ready for bottling as well - need to check the dates.

Brewing a 70 Shilling Scottish Ale while freezing my stones off in the garage. Also kegging up a Centennial Blonde for a quick Christmas turnaround beer.

Still getting set p for AG, just bought my element, Ranco, thermothingy and Kewler kit with ballvalve and will pick up the cooler Sat. for hlt. This weekend Ill do another Minimash clone, I have the Magic hat #9 on deck and also a Brewers Best Amber Cervesa. That will be it for kits, after that I shouldm be all done and ready to do my second AG which will be a Chocolate stout as it sounds so good but didnt want to try a extract it with that 1!

If I am a) not too hungover (Christmas party Sat. night) and b) able to get enough healthy yeast (growing from slant), I will be brewing an all Citra IPA this weekend as my last beer of the year putting me at exactly 100 gallons.

Brewing up my first big beer...I have yet to brew any over 1.070 OG. Strong Scotch ale...mmmm..mmmmm

Amount Item Type % or IBU
14.00 lb Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 81.16 %
1.00 lb Aromatic Malt (26.0 SRM) Grain 5.80 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 5.80 %
1.00 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 5.80 %
0.25 lb Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 1.45 %
0.50 oz Chinook [11.00 %] (60 min) Hops 14.1 IBU
0.50 oz Chinook [13.00 %] (30 min) Hops 12.8 IBU
1 Pkgs Nottingham Yeast (Lallemand #-) [Starter 25 ml] Yeast-Ale

I just started brewing in september and this will be my 11th batch of beer. 55 gallons in 3 months.......I need a bigger operation. 4 batches of extract, graduated to all grain and instantly became fascinated with the process. I have always love beer....but man oh man..do I love beer now...and I read that entire palmer book in two days!

I'm going to be brewing Saturday...an American Wheat beer. It's also going to be the cheapest batch ever brewed! 4.5% all grain, reused yeast, all bulk hops and grain. All materials are running just $18.65...for a 11 gallon batch!

10.0# 2-row Pale Malt
8.0# White Wheat Malt
1.0# Crystal 15L

1.0oz. Sterling - 60m
1.0oz. German Tetts - 15m
1.5oz. German Tetts - 5m

Re-used Wyeast 1010 (American Wheat)

I'm going to be brewing Saturday...an American Wheat beer. It's also going to be the cheapest batch ever brewed! 4.5% all grain, reused yeast, all bulk hops and grain. All materials are running just $18.65...for a 11 gallon batch!

10.0# 2-row Pale Malt
8.0# White Wheat Malt
1.0# Crystal 15L

1.0oz. Sterling - 60m
1.0oz. German Tetts - 15m
1.5oz. German Tetts - 5m

Re-used Wyeast 1010 (American Wheat)

oohhh that sounds like a great recipe.....I may have try that one..but use kolsch yeast and a lagering period. mmmm....german hops.

I have a Moose Drool Clone. IM going to be cranking it up a bit and doing a Bourbon and Vanilla hint to it.

I also will be doing a Dead Guy Clone. ( LAst batch only lasted a week in the keg).

Robust Porter 2 getting brewed so it'll be ready to go in the barrel when Robust Porter 1 comes out. If UPS is correct it should be the maiden voyage for my new brew pot.

I am officially on vacation and do not have to return until Jan 4.
I have four beers that I plan on brewing during my vacation:

Amarillo Pale Ale
Oatmeal Stout
Hop Rod Rye clone
Double Chocolate Stout

I just moved to kegging so this should build up my pipeline nicely!!!

Scheduled for this weekend at our Fultonville, NY brewery location (i.e. my buddy's house):

* Bottling the IBA
* Brewing a Spruce Porter
* Sampling fine quality homebrews and other quality craft brews found during tonight's trip to the beer store

oohhh that sounds like a great recipe.....I may have try that one..but use kolsch yeast and a lagering period. mmmm....german hops.

I've done that same recipe before, but the Wyeast 2565 Kolsch recipe in one carboy and the Wyeast 1010 in the other. I tapped the wheat first, and let the Kolsch lager for a bit. VERY tasty...just be sure to add whirlfloc or Irish moss if you decide to do the Kolsch.

My daughter was sick on Wed. and I stayed home with her. I planned to brew but after cleaning up the kitchen and stuff I decided that I really wasn't prepared and I usually regret not being prepared.

So I kegged my brown ale, and bottled my Belgian Golden Strong (the hops have settled down and I have high hopes for this, even if it doesn't yet have that characteristic Belgian flavor I was going for).

So, I might try and brew this weekend, but I think we are shopping on Sat and I need to either try Friday night, or Sunday. Either way I really need to start planning that next beer and have all of my stuff set aside.

Now to think about what to brew... It's winter, but I'd really like to brew that Centennial Blonde again. Some of my friends can appreciate it and I'd like to nail that recipe down. Last time it was not good. Probalby just an infection or fermentation temps too high (no worries this time!)

Or I could do an IPA. I've been wanting to get the 2-hearted recipe figured out for a while now.

If I had some oak and bourbon, I could try to emulate Yooper's Bourbon oak something or other...

I brewed an ESB on monday and a Dusseldorf Alt on Wednesday. I just harvested some Kolsch yeast, so I'm thinking about doing another Kolsch - maybe Jamil's Recipe. I have EdWort's Kolsch on tap now and it would be nice to compare the two. I'm starting to really like german beer. Until I was a homebrewer, I didn't really 'get it'.

I'm going to whip up my first Edwort's Apfelwein tonight, then brew Edwort's Bavarian Heffeweizen tomorrow. His Haus Pale is in the carboy ready to keg as soon as I find a bev out diptube for my corny.

Back