So what should I brew next? (dunkelweizen or strawberry blonde)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next brew?

• Dunkelweizen

• Strawberry Blonde

• Ralph Nader says: brew something that complies with the Reinheitsgebot

Results are only viewable after voting.

TomInMaine

Reaction score
I have two beer in line to brew. I am going to do one of them tonight. and one next friday night as I would love to do both tonight but my ice machine does not produce enough ice for two ice baths.

so here are my choices,

Dunkelwiezen, and a Strawberry Blonde.

I will take a poll, and the one with the most responses will be brewed. My poll will close at 2145 eastern standard. as I want to start at 2200. please please help me I want at least 4 pages of replies. lol:mug::mug:

I'm thinking stwbrbld. as akin to finding a nice one out there to take home for the evening. =)

Thanks Yuri that's cool I was not able to find it as I look how to create a poll this works good thanks. the only problem with your help, is that I don't see where you voted in my poll. lol

Sorry Yuri I jumped the gun on my last statement. I take it back thanks for voting. but you added a category. which would not be so bad if I liked Ralph Nader.

Wow only 5 votes so far and there have been 40 views com on all you viewers please vote and let me know what to brew tonight. :mug::tank:

I'm voting for the 'berry on one condition... If it's good you post the recipe because I've been chomping at the bit to make the same, but have no empty fermenters.

ok so with this post my poll goes to the top of the list. but just want to let everyone know please vote for which one to make the time is going to be a little alter so there is still time to vote, as the Stanley Cup game one is on and I have to watch it. lol. Anyway end of first and game is 1 to 1.

wow I am shocked only 12 votes with 65 people viewing the thread. Hmm not sure how to get people to vote.

I brewed a blonde to make an apricot beer. But I could not find any canned apicots so I went with a blueberry blonde. I will keg it this week or next week.

Tom, we see dozens of posts like this every week. There is rarely any interest. To be frank, it's tough to get other people to care about any given brew day.

Ok the poll is closed the winner is the Blonde of course lol by a vote of 9 to 7. very disappointed as there were 95 views to the thread and only 19 votes total. the three that were for Ralph Nader did not count as I don't like Ralph Nader lol. so now I am starting my brew for tonight Strawberry Blonde it is. but not to worry the Dunkelwiezen is going to be brewed n Friday hopefully both are done and ready for a party planned for the 3rd of July.:mug::mug:

Yuri thanks for being honest and responding. I appreciate it and for helping with the poll.

Why not get the best of both worlds? a little strawberry in a dunkleweizen shouldnt hurt? I would use an american wheat yeast for that, I just created my next recipe!

Extract 3.3 munich lme, some wheat lme and grain, caramel 60, and 1/4 black patent or chocolate off the top of my head? strawberrys in the secondary for 7-10 days. The dark malts would make the strawberry more sweet.

Back