So what are you cooking for your Super Bowl party?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakelyc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We have a tradition of skiing on Super Bowl Sunday, but kicking out early to host a few friends over for the game. Everyone is responsible for one dish. It can get intense.

Thinking about doin Kalua pork tacos, maybe Sean Paxton's nachos. What you you making?

-b

Buffalo chicken nachos, potato skins, cheesy bacon bombs, and chips with a few different homemade salsas and guacamole.

Skyline Chili Dip. Always a crowd pleaser (in Cincinnati anyway).

The local Meijer store had the frozen version of this on closeout a few months back, it was skyline brand, and dirt cheap (I think I got em for around $0.89 a pack). I LOADED down my deep freeze with em'! Got about a dozen of the half gallon tubs of straight Skyline chili too, love the stuff!

Anyway, we're slow cooking a Boston butt roast, and having mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and home made rolls before the game. I'm more into the food than the game itself.

Wangs, Moinks, ABT(s), maybe some ribs, chips, dips, etc, etc. served with Fireside Ale.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Brew Free! Chili from the Craft Beer Cookbook. Since I don't have any Brew Free or Die IPA on hand, I'm going to toss in two bottles of Troegs Nugget Nectar.

Chips, "Cheese" dip made with Velveeta, Rotel, and Hormel chili, alongside a bowl of lacto-fermented salsa and then some wings with a chipotle dry rub. And various home brewed beverages.

Made a big batch of Chile Verde and homemade Spinich Artichoke spread. Goin' to my Daughters for the game. Don't care who wins but we'll be eatin' good!

Cheers...:mug:

I'm going to attempt to make oven-fries teriyaki sriracha wings. Never tried to make them before. Fingers crosses.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just some wings and maybe a cheese dip for before the game. Nothing fancy.

Parmesan garlic wings, hot buffalo wings, cheesy artichoke dip, homemade pizzas, and spicy southwestern wild hog sausage...

Making some spinach artichoke dip and brown butter burbon cookies. Also getting a 3 ft hero and try of penne vodka from the local Italian deli

Here's my wife's spread for the game...

1391406042691.jpg

We did a slow-cooked roast that was actually cooked the day before (Then the wife decided that she HAD to have Chinese that night).

Not traditional Football fare, but since our local channels were not coming up on our Dish, and I have no antenna hooked up, we watched The Breakfast Club with the kid instead. I got enough updates on the phone to keep my attention.

FYI the roast was AMAZING! Mashed potatoes with some homemade gravy that was fairly sweet from the onions and carrots. Only thing that would have made it better would have been some sourdough bread, but I forgot to mix the dough up ahead of time.

Our little party ended up being really tasty.. the peanut recipe i posted earlier was good while they were warm, but they tended to get mealy when they cooled off.

My husband made an 18-hour braised kalua pork that was really good and crazy simple. Other one of our friends made a Buffalo Chicken Dip that was soooo good I couldn't get away from it. That at a homebrew, I was all set!

Latest posts

Back