So the mrs is pregnant...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staudt403

Reaction score
What did you fathers brew for the day she can have her first sip again? Mini-me makes his first appearance in June and I was wondering what any of you had for the wife and friends to celebrate with.

I had just put an airlock on her favorite sweet stout when we found out. Now she is demanding that half of it needs to be put away for her until October.

I'm going to do some apfelwein for the first time next weekend. We're not due until late September.

I made a mead, my boy is 11 months now and I had my wife taste it just the other day. She loved it and that says a lot she usually thinks my stuff is no good.

Similar situation here. She likes big beers, so we made a RIS that we put some raspberries in. Just bottled on Monday and we wont drink until she can drink probably sometime in December.

I packed up my brewing gear and took a three year hiatus after the first kid.

Didn't start back up until the second one was about ready to walk.

Gonna be our first, and a boy. I picked up the ingredients for an apfelwein, just been too busy to make it. But we did make a stout, seeing as how it's close to our last name, now its just sitting, waiting for the celebrations to begin. hopefully she will fair well after being out of commission for so long

Didn't get back into brewing until after the kids were born. Honestly, I should have set down a very special RIS or Barleywine. My little one is very much into beer-making. Plus she likes coffee, so I think that she will probably be into it as an adult. Some day she will get over the time I gave her a sip of IPA...

My wife's due in August, and I have a CAP lagering, as well as plans to do an IPA to be ready by then as well.

I suspect that the beer will be for me, my father-in-law, brother and father, and possibly my mother-in-law.

My wife's more of a wine & cocktails person- I suspect I'll be making her a fresh ingredient(we don't dig premade mixes) mojito for her first drink post-pregnancy.

Mojito: 2-3 mint sprigs, 1 oz lime juice, 3/4 -1 oz simple syrup or sugar. 2 oz light rum, soda water. Mash mint leaves in lime juice & sugar until well mashed, but not turned to pulp. Add rum, stir until sugar/syrup are dissolved. Add ice, then soda water to fill a regular collins glass (8-10 oz glass). Give it a quick stir, and serve.

La Floridita Daiquiri

I tried to brew a combination of 2 lbs liquid bleach, 2 lbs liquid ammonia for mine after she gave birth but evidently -- somewhere, someone made a silly law about that kind of thing so I bought her a Coke instead. Silly Laws!!!

Seriously though - congratulations. That nine month fermentation will give you the most complex brew you've ever created. You'll love it one day, but five minutes later you'll wish you'd never brewed it. It really does get much better with age though - trust me on that one.

First one, and first on my side of the family! He's fermenting nicely in her belly, along with the brew in the basement. Best thing is all the toys he is gonna get! Can't wait to finally get a mini-jeep power wheels, for him I mean!!

My wife maybe has a drink twice a year. Not exagerrating. And when she does its a dessert wine or a margarita. Although, I will force her to take a sip of my homebrew here and there. If she did drink Id make her favorite style for her. Maybe do something a little extra like bottle it in a Belgium bottle or buy her a nice new tulip glass to drink it from. Keep in mind if she breast feeds she may not want to have a drink for quite a while. And congratulations! We had our first last year and hes the coolest thing I've ever seen. Although, sometimes I wish I could take his batteries out. You are on HIS time and schedule.

Congrats... We're expecting our first as well, we're due in early October. My wife doesn't drink my beer, so I bought her a 3 liter magnum bottle of her favorite wine to look forward to. Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio. I think that should do the trick.

Latest posts

Back