So tell us about your brew day__

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudbuster

This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today was one of the few brew days that went as it should. No emergencies or "Ohh!, ****" moments. All the numbers came along as if the were programed. It went along as smooth as a popcorn fart through silk drawers.
It was a Saison with 93% efficiency into the fermentor. The brewhouse efficiency will take a knock because I haven't seen so much break in a long time. It was brewed using German Pilsner malt.
It's nice, once in a while, to be able to execute a brew as you think it ought to go.
Last week was another story. I won't talk about it.
Tell us about your brew day experiences etc.

My brew day took forever. Trying new equipment, new techniques. Did not let my mash tun heat up long enough... temp dropped 6 degrees after 90 minutes. Boil went okay... Did not get enough ice for the ice water bath for the wort chiller pump... burned my leg on the burner frame while turning on the pump... Took forever to get down to 75 (normally gets to 65 easy). Tried those 5 gallon bucket filters and the 200 micron filter kept clogging (kinda expected, have a plan for next time), again took forever to transfer to bucket... On the plus side of things, my DIY thermowell doesnt leak, the ranco works, but I think my chest freezer took a dump. This weekend the bucket comes out and I am gonna do some troubleshooting.

Big brew weekend. My son and I are brewing... Tits Up IPA, Founders Breakfast Stout, Jamil's Evil Twin and Jamil's Blonde.

Taps will be flowing again in 4 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back