So, my carboy took a bounce.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrecked

Reaction score
I was preparing to transfer a Wit into a keg, when I bumped the carboy (Better Bottle) and sent it tumbling off the table. I managed to catch it with my feet, but it took a pretty good bounce. No cracks and the stopper and airlock stayed in place. I set it back into the ferm chamber to let it settle out again. What are my chances I oxygenated the beer again? I will be so disappointed if I end up with 5 gallons of cardboard flavored Wit.

If the airlock didn't move there probably wasn't much (if any) oxygen in the carboy to get shaken in. Oxidized flavors take several months to surface any way. Wheat beers should be drank fresh. I say, RDWHAHB!

Shred said:
If the airlock didn't move there probably wasn't much (if any) oxygen in the carboy to get shaken in. Oxidized flavors take several months to surface any way. Wheat beers should be drank fresh. I say, RDWHAHB!

Good deal, I'll keg it up in a day or two and drink it fast, lol. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back