So I just had an interesting experience with a woman...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loled. Says the single 27 year old woman. I'm pretty baffled at the response from the majority of the people here.
I'm actually a 27 year-old unmarried male in a relationship with a lovely young woman.
Dude, you go on and on about how people who go to parties and get drunk do so for approval of their peers, yet you show your individuality and disregard for the opinions of others by rigidly conforming to the style of dress of a different culture and running to tell the internet that you talked to a girl.
You talk about how sex just isn't as important to you as it is to most other dudes, while simultaneously making sure everyone knows just how amazing you are at it and how you totally give women a million orgasms when you bed them.
This all REEKS of annoying insecurity. I was trying to help you by cutting out the **** and telling you that banging 19 year olds is easy in college, and much much harder when you're out of it.
When I was your age, I took it for granted that I'd be surrounded by firm, teenage bodies forever. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I'm actually a 27 year-old unmarried male in a relationship with a lovely young woman.
Dude, you go on and on about how people who go to parties and get drunk do so for approval of their peers, yet you show your individuality and disregard for the opinions of others by rigidly conforming to the style of dress of a different culture and running to tell the internet that you talked to a girl.
You talk about how sex just isn't as important to you as it is to most other dudes, while simultaneously making sure everyone knows just how amazing you are at it and how you totally give women a million orgasms when you bed them.
This all REEKS of annoying insecurity. I was trying to help you by cutting out the **** and telling you that banging 19 year olds is easy in college, and much much harder when you're out of it.
When I was your age, I took it for granted that I'd be surrounded by firm, teenage bodies forever. Don't make the same mistake I did.

You should probably change your details of your profile so people don't think you are a woman. The post had nothing to do with a woman, it wouldn't of mattered if it was a man or a woman- it was about being correct about beer. You can make all the judgement and insecurity calls that you want, but I speak my mind because I don't care about what others think. I tell it like it is, no bull****. You can think ANYTHING you want, I'll just keep loling. If you haven't found the troll in this thread yet, I feel sorry for you. This thread is fascinating from a psychological and semi-sociological standpoint, yet quite sad.

"So the next time some ******* says to you, "I have a right to my opinion," you say, "Oh yeah? Well, I have a right to my opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion." Then shoot the **** and walk away!"
-George Carlin

I think the main problem is you come off elitist. At least based on internet tone, which is often muddled.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear your homebrew turned out good. What you have on deck for your next brew?

lol, thanks for the tip but I don't enter the party atmosphere. Too much idiots and I have no tolerance for non-intellectuals. I would fire bomb a few frat houses, though. Going on, I wouldn't waste my money on giving people free beer, especially beer they cannot appreciate. If I did anything, I'd probably do a parti-gyle with 3rd running of 2-3 different beers and mix it together and throw some table sugar in at as a subtle F you to all the BMC drinkers. I hang out with a group of 10 or so people and drink on the weekends. Party atmospheres are for extroverts and those constantly seeking reinforcement and atmosphere of society so they can change themselves accordingly. Now, for the girls, I hate wiggers/wagras, orange bitches, and extreme druggies. I know that is all she could possibly bring to a "party" other than a bunch of drug dealers and "gangsters". If I had all those people in one room, I'd probably poison the beer to do mankind a favor. In my opinion, those who need the "party" college atmosphere are extremely weak individuals. I'll stick to my group of educated friends.

I'm only attracted to independent and intelligent women.

Eh, People change. Many people are diffrent in HS or College than from when they get jobs and need to work hard for a living. Yesterday's Introvert, Today's Party Animal, Tomarrow's CEO of big corporation.

Happens all the time. I am not saying that you buy into the crap, sometimes it is good to play the game to get a few contacts and broaden your experiences. Mostly, I was just advocating to have fun. When I go to a party, I usually bring my brew to share with a few people. Not many.

Even if you don't go for the partying, druging and sleeping around that historically many people say college is all about, it's ok. Many people feel the same way. Heck, were I in your position I probably give a 6-pack of the good stuff to a favored teacher, AFTER the grades were posted so that he would know it is not a bribe but a thank you for teaching you what you wanted and teaching well. Teachers don't make much $$ unless they are tenured professors of LARGE schools that get to recieve gifts from alumni.

Brew, particulary home brew, is meant to be shared and appreciated. Providing opertuinty's to do so is what is best. Then gaining something, even if it is just gratitude or rememberence, is the rewards of a good brew. Most times I get comments and ideas on improving my brew. I brew mead, much easier than beer. As far as costs, I figure that my brew costs about $100 a 5 gal batch. Works out to about $2.00 or $1.50 a 22 oz bottle. Not too far off of a good import like Guiness. So in reality you are giving away about $15 to $20 a six pack. Not too much but, easier if you can swing others buying you supplies to partake.

As far as the chick is conserned, she may change but sounds like a good casual friendship. Always good. Never mind those that want you to get sexual. I personally don't like druggies either, not sure the definitions of those other words, I don't follow slag much.

Something to consider, You could be a major inflence on her or others to change themselves. If you can tolerate them that long, LOL. I am not advocating you try to change them, just being there and voicing your opions is enough.

I have a friend that knew a chick at a coffee shop. She was a bit flirty and possibly took it too far due to low self esteem. The friend out right called her a slut every day for 6 months. She changed and he ended up getting maried to her a couple of years later. So people change and often they don't realize how they look to others. Or don't care YET.

As, I said, ignore these nay sayers. Have fun. If that fun in your mind involves sex, great, if it doesn't, that's cool too.

Wouldn't bother my ass to do that, I'll get one the next time I see her and post it in the original post whenever I see her next. She has my number, I don't have hers. I'll tell her exactly what you said and lol at her reaction.

We exchanged numbers and she said she'd give me a call later.

I don't know if I should feel strange for not just giving her the beer and letting her do with it what she will or strange/happy about getting a number and POSSIBLY talking/meeting up with her later.

Didn't expect to get yelled at for taking beer too seriously! lol. Maybe I'll think about the future of this "relationship". There is still a whole semester left and we have each others numbers.

So did get her number or not?

Nope, my ex. If THAT was the girl, I would not of let her leave. The girl looked something like this:

Edit: except somehow trashier than this
Trashier than Amy Winehouse, so you invite her up to your room for a beer? Or hell, even talk to her?

You should probably change your details of your profile so people don't think you are a woman. The post had nothing to do with a woman, it wouldn't of mattered if it was a man or a woman- it was about being correct about beer. You can make all the judgement and insecurity calls that you want, but I speak my mind because I don't care about what others think. I tell it like it is, no bull****. You can think ANYTHING you want, I'll just keep loling. If you haven't found the troll in this thread yet, I feel sorry for you. This thread is fascinating from a psychological and semi-sociological standpoint, yet quite sad.
You got owned, now you claim you were just trolling and try to look intelligent talking of psychology and sociology. All while digging into a deeper hole about your persona of the kid in high school who deemed him self too cool for others because nobody would hang around him, and deemed himself a 'true romantic woman pleaser that these girls can't comprehend', because they wouldn't talk to you.
Just let it go. You're past the point of anyone believing you.

Eh, People change. Many people are diffrent in HS or College than from when they get jobs and need to work hard for a living. Yesterday's Introvert, Today's Party Animal, Tomarrow's CEO of big corporation.

Happens all the time. I am not saying that you buy into the crap, sometimes it is good to play the game to get a few contacts and broaden your experiences. Mostly, I was just advocating to have fun. When I go to a party, I usually bring my brew to share with a few people. Not many.

Even if you don't go for the partying, druging and sleeping around that historically many people say college is all about, it's ok. Many people feel the same way. Heck, were I in your position I probably give a 6-pack of the good stuff to a favored teacher, AFTER the grades were posted so that he would know it is not a bribe but a thank you for teaching you what you wanted and teaching well. Teachers don't make much $$ unless they are tenured professors of LARGE schools that get to recieve gifts from alumni.

Brew, particulary home brew, is meant to be shared and appreciated. Providing opertuinty's to do so is what is best. Then gaining something, even if it is just gratitude or rememberence, is the rewards of a good brew. Most times I get comments and ideas on improving my brew. I brew mead, much easier than beer. As far as costs, I figure that my brew costs about $100 a 5 gal batch. Works out to about $2.00 or $1.50 a 22 oz bottle. Not too far off of a good import like Guiness. So in reality you are giving away about $15 to $20 a six pack. Not too much but, easier if you can swing others buying you supplies to partake.

As far as the chick is conserned, she may change but sounds like a good casual friendship. Always good. Never mind those that want you to get sexual. I personally don't like druggies either, not sure the definitions of those other words, I don't follow slag much.

Something to consider, You could be a major inflence on her or others to change themselves. If you can tolerate them that long, LOL. I am not advocating you try to change them, just being there and voicing your opions is enough.

I have a friend that knew a chick at a coffee shop. She was a bit flirty and possibly took it too far due to low self esteem. The friend out right called her a slut every day for 6 months. She changed and he ended up getting maried to her a couple of years later. So people change and often they don't realize how they look to others. Or don't care YET.

As, I said, ignore these nay sayers. Have fun. If that fun in your mind involves sex, great, if it doesn't, that's cool too.

Yeah, I get together with a few groups of people on the weekends and often talk beer and have fun etc. I've had them try my homebrews and everything and it's all good and fun. As for "slang", wigger is a white girl acting like a black girl, and an orange ***** is just.. girls that are obviously idiots that tan so much that they are orange (yes, I know this comes from artificial tans). Usually the club-goers and stuck up girls. As far as influence goes, I'm too lazy to take the time to think I have influence or want to influence certain individuals, given the situation. To my closer friends, for sure. I'm not going to get into my personal philosophy, but I don't think people (me) should try to "help" others before they develop their own views completely, and I mean COMPLETELY. I think that anyone who forms a strong opinion on subjects they do not fully understand (this thread is a good example) are the biggest idiots on the planet, and unfortunately that is the majority. I like leading people into a state of Aporia. I believe that everyone should re-think statements they feel strongly about because they may not have formed their beliefs on the best foundation(s) or appropriate reasoning. I also don't think that people should narrow their ways of thinking based on belief systems that limit the expansion of human knowledge and understanding. It seems to me that these ways of thinking are often based on notions which imply that the idea of being wrong is a bad thing... and that is just not true. Having said that, I don't feel I have developed my understanding of pretty much everything full enough to have a single stance on it to "preach" or "influence" people yet.

"So the next time some ******* says to you, "I have a right to my opinion," you say, "Oh yeah? Well, I have a right to my opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion." Then shoot the **** and walk away!"
-George Carlin
You should cut your hair, so people don't think you're a woman.
The 21 year old who won't bang girls that like him and is double-majoring in philosophy and psychology has it all figured out. Got it.
Enjoy not getting laid/working at McDonald's.

A 5gal batch of Homebrew costs you $100 to make? Damn!! You need to go AG my friend and start buying in bulk. 2.5 cases of my Pliny Clone cost in the neighborhood of $25

This thread is why I'm glad I never went to college...

Sean From NH

College was not like this for me. Then again as kids we did not all get an award for "participation" and you learned that you were not the best at everything. I think the "spare the rod, inflate the kids ego" approach was not a good idea

For some one who could give a hill of beans what other's think of him you spend a lot of effort defining/defending your ethos. I've gone back to my gut reaction that you are fairly insecure and introverted. It is clear that the OP was read in a tone by the majority that suggested that such encouragement was needed. I can almost guarantee that the ribbing about laying some pipe was intended as some group confidence building.

So as a group we've used a little light hearted derision to help you and from a socio/psycho standpoint you find this unhealthy or divergent? Considering you present yourself to be a counter culture, NIHILISTIC, non conformist, how can you make such a statement and remain objective? I would also think that being one who could care less about public opinion and labeling would be less apt to apply those same negative social labels upon others, because they don't mean anything after all, right?

I've met enough tools in my lifetime to be able to spot one, hopefully for your sake it's something you will grow out of.

OK enough with all the psychobabble. Ya ll need to get off your high horses. Lets go back to the simple times when this thread was about drinking beer, and screwing drunk chicks.

For some one who could give a hill of beans what other's think of him you spend a lot of effort defining/defending your ethos. I've gone back to my gut reaction that you are fairly insecure and introverted. It is clear that the OP was read in a tone by the majority that suggested that such encouragement was needed. I can almost guarantee that the ribbing about laying some pipe was intended as some group confidence building.

So as a group we've used a little light hearted derision to help you and from a socio/psycho standpoint you find this unhealthy or divergent? Considering you present yourself to be a counter culture, NIHILISTIC, non conformist, how can you make such a statement and remain objective? I would also think that being one who could care less about public opinion and labeling would be less apt to apply those same negative social labels upon others, because they don't mean anything after all, right?

I've met enough tools in my lifetime to be able to spot one, hopefully for your sake it's something you will grow out of.
bigclap.gif

I have only been here a few weeks, and I am liking you more and more.

He makes mead. 15lbs of ****ty honey still costs 50 bucks.

Actually, I brew a sweet mead that uses 20# of honey for a 5 gal batch. And 1/3 of the cost is glass. I buy my honey locally for wholesale of $1.85 a pound. I use good water. So I suppose it costs me less if you take out the glass cost, I recycle a lot and have just recently got some bottles cheap.

So Let's see:

20# honey: $38.00
2 yeast Packets: $4.00
5 Gal of Eldorado spring water: $ not sure prob $7.00
2 teaspoons of Yeast energizer/nuturent total: $5.00
Suntries like cleaning stuff: $5.00
Large allotment for fruit/spices: $20.00

That's $64.00 right there. Glass when I made up the numbers was about:

$24.00 for 8 six packs or 2 cases.

So that is Like $103 for a 5 gal batch. But I save a bit of the fruit. That price was for say Strawberrys or Blueberrys.

So, Yeah, it's expensive but worth it. It takes longer for mead than beer too. Takes about 6-10 months to brew and I age a year. Drinkable within 3-4 months though, but yes, I put together a brew and it isn't ready for 1-2 years after I start it. I am patient. This is for a very sweet honey mead. Like 14-16% ABV and after aging you can't tell at ALL. Liquid happyness.

Actually, I brew a sweet mead that uses 20# of honey for a 5 gal batch. And 1/3 of the cost is glass. I buy my honey locally for wholesale of $1.85 a pound. I use good water. So I suppose it costs me less if you take out the glass cost, I recycle a lot and have just recently got some bottles cheap.

So Let's see:

20# honey: $38.00
2 yeast Packets: $4.00
5 Gal of Eldorado spring water: $ not sure prob $7.00
2 teaspoons of Yeast energizer/nuturent total: $5.00
Suntries like cleaning stuff: $5.00
Large allotment for fruit/spices: $20.00

That's $64.00 right there. Glass when I made up the numbers was about:

$24.00 for 8 six packs or 2 cases.

So that is Like $103 for a 5 gal batch. But I save a bit of the fruit. That price was for say Strawberrys or Blueberrys.

So, Yeah, it's expensive but worth it. It takes longer for mead than beer too. Takes about 6-10 months to brew and I age a year. Drinkable within 3-4 months though, but yes, I put together a brew and it isn't ready for 1-2 years after I start it. I am patient. This is for a very sweet honey mead. Like 14-16% ABV and after aging you can't tell at ALL. Liquid happyness.

gotch. I got confused with the homebrew verbage....carry on then. I am going to start making Mead in the spring so do not disappear. I may have some questions for ya

This thread cracks me up.
During the early part of my college years, I had some buddies who figured out that brewing your own beer was much easier and more fun than fake IDs, growing beards, or paying your older friends (or the bum outside 7-11) to buy beer for you. Awesome.

Dude, are you sure you are actually 21?

If you are and since she seems to like beer you should get her some Edmund Fitzgerald ;)

Put It In The Beaver?

DS - The reason I give the advice I do is not because I slept with every chick I had a shot with, it's because I didn't. Get it?!? I was just like you...

It seams he will only understand when he is older like us and can look back and say "Hey I could have banged that chick"

I've got several of these "I could have" chicks that I remember from high school and college. It would be nice to have a time machine so I could visit them. This thread is as close as we can get to that time machine. Problem is Davesteel is not doing his part.

Hey remember the time machine from Napoleon Dynamite? We are pathetic aren't we?

It seams he will only understand when he is older like us and can look back and say "Hey I could have banged that chick"

I've got several of these "I could have" chicks that I remember from high school and college. It would be nice to have a time machine so I could visit them. This thread is as close as we can get to that time machine. Problem is Davesteel is not doing his part.

Hey remember the time machine from Napoleon Dynamite? We are pathetic aren't we?
I had a couple of those.... Except I caught some of them early and made up for a few of them, quite a few however ugghhhh should have gotten there well it was good. Some good looking girls can deteriorate real quick.

Heh, haven't seen that one before. That one is going into the repository. :D

Probably best to let this one die, I think DS has got the idea.

That's great! And bearing that information in mind, I recommend that everyone re-reads the OP. :D

Having said that, it's dead easy to make yourself into an idiot on the interwebs (No **** LG! we KNOW you!) At least though, I am mature enough and wise enough to recognise when I am being old and stupid. Give DS 30 years of life experience and he will be over himself. ;)

Back