So how many of you are im a alcoholics?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be pretty bad. Now I only get drunk once every few weeks, instead opted for a few pints a day. Yeah, I guess I am an alcoholic but I don't get the shakes if I don't drink or get the urge to vomit like I used to.

I drink less now than I ever have in my entire life. I have 1 every day during the week. On the weekend sometimes I have none.

To answer the OP. My world literally revolves around alcohol. If I am near an alcoholic beverage, my sense of gravity becomes askew and I start orbiting the alcohol like a satellite. Then eventually I crash into the booze and transform into a drunken raging Hobo, complete with worn out shoes, and a bindle sack.

Freaking hilarious.

Seriously, Monty Python worthy.

I used to be pretty bad. Now I only get drunk once every few weeks, instead opted for a few pints a day. Yeah, I guess I am an alcoholic but I don't get the shakes if I don't drink or get the urge to vomit like I used to.

Cheers Brother!

Glad you are better, and thank you for sharing.

"I said phuck it, I know what should be done
Just pull your panties down and
I'll phuck the biggest one
And then I get the other poosie
put it in the freezer
So I can always have a on-hold skeezer
Get out to tick it, I do it like that
So I told the ho's to take a big step back
Took the zipper down, I'z wide and said
Here's what I'm gonna put inside
Grab it like a rabbit, grab it let's wreck it
But I won't love you,
When I'm done I'd still be talkin' schitt ..."

Eazy E

at least when its only for fun, let the fun ensue!
That's right. When you are both comfortable with it, go for it. Just remember your safe words.

Corked and in the freezer?
That reminds me, I need to go untie those two I picked up off the side of the road now. The stitches should be all settled by now!

The real need for safe words comes from not knowing how kinky your partner really is.

Beer sneaks up on me now and then and shows me how bad it really is.

Getting back "on track", such as it is,

depends how you define alcoholic.

I think my 1-3 beer consumption a night might put me in some people's category of alcoholic, but I never need it, I simply enjoy the taste.

that being said, how many of us would drink non-alcoholic beer...if it tasted good?

Brewing hasn't increased or decreased my consumption that much. However, if I could get non/low alcohol beer to taste the EXACT SAME as the stronger versions, then yes, I would. I really, really dislike the loss of control of having too much. Correspondingly, if I could get decaf that taste the EXACT SAME as regular coffee, I'd drink that too. It's the sameness of taste that's the issue. But if you could get a fantastically balanced, tasty IPA that didn't have any alcohol in it and you could drink any amount of it whenever, hell yeah, sign me up for that!

I think I have a new signature quote! That's exactly what I was thinking- all of the brewing calculations, dealing with boiling wort, yeast culturing, etc aren't worth a drunk. Plus, if you drink while brewing you can risk life and limb (and house).

I'm going to go into a gourmet cooking forum, and start a poll-

HOW MANY OF YOU ****ERS ARE FATSOs? Your life revolves around food, therefore you must be obese.

HAHA!!! YOOP RULES!!!

Getting back "on track", such as it is,

Brewing hasn't increased or decreased my consumption that much. However, if I could get non/low alcohol beer to taste the EXACT SAME as the stronger versions, then yes, I would. I really, really dislike the loss of control of having too much. Correspondingly, if I could get decaf that taste the EXACT SAME as regular coffee, I'd drink that too. It's the sameness of taste that's the issue. But if you could get a fantastically balanced, tasty IPA that didn't have any alcohol in it and you could drink any amount of it whenever, hell yeah, sign me up for that!

i feel you there. but most methods to make the beer then drive the alcohol out don't work that well. near beer has not been given much focus in the last millenia. i hope to be able to make a beer of up to 10% instead with 5% or less. so unless you pound an 18pack, you're not tooo wasted.

Oh yeah... the topic..
I really don't drink that much. During my hiatus from brewing, I probably was in the 10-12 drinks a year category. I'm now more like 1 or so a week.

I brew waaaay more than I drink. I have probably around 40 gallons in the basement ready and just waiting for a keg to open.

I am..

I was waiting in line at the liquor store for it to open on July 27. A guy about my age came up to the line, then wandered away and proceeded to puke all over the side of the building. That was the defining moment for me.(I was very hung over) Got in my car, took the long way home, did some thinking and drank what I had in the house. Have not had a drop since. I am an alcoholic. I cannot have 1. 1 is 6, 6 is 10, 10 is 30 in 3 days.

Meetings are ok, and work for people that want them to work. Meetings are not for me.
I have decided that the first 36 yrs of my life were ruined by alcohol. Every negative event in my life had something to do with it. It runs in my family.

I have been sober for 4 1/2 months. Life is getting better by the day.

btw,

This song helped.

Well I ain't had nothing to drink
I knew thats probably what you'd think
If I dropped by this time of night
Remember way back when
I promised you I'd drop in
At one of those meetings down at the Y

Well, they started talkin bout steps you take
Mistakes you make
The hearts you break
And the price you pay
I almost walked away

You could hear a pin drop
When this old man
Stood up and said I'm gonna' say it again
Like I do every week
For those who don't know me

It's the simple things in life
Like the kids at home and a loving wife
That you miss the most, when you lose control
And everything you love starts to disappear

The devil takes your hand and says no fear
Have another shot, just one more beer
Yeah, I've been there, that's why I'm here

This ol’ boy stood up in the aisle
Said he'd been living a life of denial
And he cried as he talked about wasted years
I couldn't believe what I heard
It was my life word for word
And all of the sudden it was clear

I know for us it may be too late
But it would mean the world to me
If you were there when I stand to say
Oh, I've been there, that's why I'm here

Last edited by a moderator:
so what your saying is that your life revolves around Lynch and your an addict right.

Yeah, what I meant was im a lynchaholics. And as stated before, when I get close to a DVD of a David Lynch movie, I start being sucked in slowly until I reach orbit and everything else is just outer space.

Just wanted to know, considering the fact your life revolves around alcohol, how many of you have a problem with it?

what the fuzzy-duck! some question that is. my life doesn't revolve around alcohol. my life revolves around my wife and kids and other friends and family as well as other hobbies.
i don't drink to get drunk; i don't drink everyday. i drink only beer and i drink it only to enjoy the different styles of beer. i do homebrew my own beer as a hobby and i come to these forums to get info. and ideas for my homebrewing hobby.
with that said, :mug:!

what the fuzzy-duck! some question that is. my life doesn't revolve around alcohol. my life revolves around my wife and kids and other friends and family as well as other hobbies.
i don't drink to get drunk; i don't drink everyday. i drink only beer and i drink it only to enjoy the different styles of beer. i do homebrew my own beer as a hobby and i come to these forums to get info. and ideas for my homebrewing hobby.
with that said, :mug:!

Sounds defensive. I have hobbies too. Most just involve drunkeness!

"Side effects may include 'Rectal Ventriloquism'?" Robin Williams

Edit: Hehe, this was the wrong thread, but what the heck! I'll let it ride.

a RIS, Cream Ale, and Winter Warmer I kegged a few days ago. all 3 weeks old. and YES they do live in my kitchen where i have temp control vs my 55F garage, where it sucks fondling them.

1205092200.jpg

Its interesting to me that after there were a sh*t load of responses basically jumping down the poster's throat for being a ridiculous troll, that we've had a few posts from members saying yeah, they are in fact alcoholics. I'm not sure why so many members here thought that it was a ridiculous question.

This is definitely not a dumb question to me personally. I drink more now than before I started this hobby, although I rarely get sh*t-hammered on my own stuff.

And I am DEFINITELY addicted to brewing & beer forum posting, if not on the actual alcohol itself :)

Back