So far I'm really liking my Fermzilla All-Rounder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwk-I-St8

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My first fermentation with it (NEIPA) and it's working out great. It fits great into my small chest freezer ferm chamber. After I pitched my yeast I hooked up a CO2 to check the seal.

I have a spunding valve that I set to 5 psi for the initial fermentation. After it just started to slow, I added my dry hops and bumped it up to 25 psi (at 90 degrees). It's holding steady. When I'm ready to cold crash, I'll hook up the CO2 again to maintain 8 psi. It should be fully carbed when I transfer to the keg.

I was amazed to hear the whooshing sound of CO2 coming out of the spunding valve when fermentation was really going. Next time I'll fill my keg with Starsan and let the fermentation CO2 purge the keg. With the spunding valve already having the duotight push in connections, I can easily connect it to the keg.

To transfer, I plan to put the spunding valve on the gas out of the keg, set to 8 psi. Then I'll run 10 psi or so into the all round to do a sealed pressure transfer to the keg. Should be simple with the top draw system in the All-Rounder.

Anyone else using one of these?

Latest posts

Back