So Excited! Hello all :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonnieJ

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm completely new to brewing and relatively new to beer drinking (well, as in the past two years). I grew up in a family where Budweiser was the devil's drink - and not for quality, but for alcohol content. After I married and moved away, things changed :)

I'm a full-time nursing student with a baby on the way in about three weeks. I'm planning on making my first batch of beer to be ready shortly after the baby comes.

I have wanted to brew for at least the past year but for some reason I never could get myself to invest any money in it (I AM a pennypincher!), and somehow now that I'm a full-time student and my husband works part time, I've convinced myself to start. Besides, I'm not too happy with the prospect of the cheapest beer we can find being my celebratory drink once the baby comes ;) Not to mention, these long winter (rainy) Oregon evenings are going to need plenty of beer to keep them relaxed :)

So...that's it in a nutshell. I've got all of my own equipment to do malt extract brewing except for the carboy and boiling pot, which I'm going to borrow on Tuesday from a friend to get started! I can't wait.

Oh, and it's not all beer themed, but my blog is named Gambrinous ("full of beer") - www.gambrinous.blogspot.com

Welcome BonnieJ! Isn't it funny how you get all that energy to do new things and work around the house at the end of your pregnancy? Good luck on brewing, I'm sure you'll do great!

Back