So excited for this brewing year 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcode190

Reaction score
Well I am pretty new to brewing. I am very new to HBT but can't believe I ever brewed with out it. Any way just really excited about his hobby and looking forward to this this next year and all the newish hop varieties out. For some reason I am intrigued by all these newer hop varieties and can't wait to figure out new brews with them. Well hope world doesn't end 12/21/12 and I am able to enjoy this new brewing year.:mug:

I remember feeling as excited about brewing as you are and expecting it would fade over time. But almost two years later I'm still in love with it. Great hobby & HBT is a great place to geek out about it!

I'm looking forward to more experimenting with partial mash. I have the grains & extract for another pale ale socked away till I get some ice & whatnot. I've got about a pound of 5 varieties of NZ hops to play with as well. Gunna be fun...:ban:

Yeah Stocking away hops for the first time. So far I have 8oz Warrior, 8oz Zythos, 4oz caliente, 1# Citra, 1# Super Galena, and 3# Belma at 5.25 a pound had to try it. I also am excited about the next recipe I will try. I am going to call it Full Spectrum and use .25 of all the crystal malts so lvb 20,40,60,80,and 120.

I am pretty excited as well, trying to get in some hops I haven't had the chance to use as of yet and design some recipes around them. Also looking to up my recipe game to the next level with more complicated layerings of flavor, different yeast strains and more. This year has been about getting my feet wet and comfortable with both the brewing process as well as recipe design.

Next year I feel will be a noteable advancement time for me.

I have been brewing for a long time. There was a period where I forgot how fun it was and didn't brew. The last five years I have concentrated on perfecting a house IPA that I love. I make it and vary the hop additions to change it up. I'm finally happy with my recipe and keep it on hand and still brew others. All my friends love what I make and visit often. I have to give credit to this website and the extensive reading I've done here. Looking forward to the coming year and this enjoyable hobby. Thanks everybody.

I'm one year in with brewing and just as excited as I was when I started. The difference is that I have plenty of finished beers to drink so I can afford to be patient with the ones currently fermenting. 2013 may bring an electric setup if I can get my project car (that I haven't worked on in 7 years) sold.

I've been brewing for five years now with a year break while I moved homes. Now that I'm going again I've found more brewers in my area which makes it even more fun. I can go to their house when they brew to help and learn about recipes that I might not have brewed myself. We swap beers and swap suggestions. It's really quite nice.

I am most excited about experimenting with Belma. At $5.25 per pound I couldn't pass it up and if the description is accurate I am really going to dig it. I hope there's some left after I do my first brew with it. If I like it I am going to want to order a few more pounds.

I've been brewing going on sixteen years, more so in the last seven. I still feel like a kid in candy store when I'm at the brew store.( NB Mpls) I brew mostly APA's and Wheat beers, but would like to try some lagers next year.Mostly German. Pilsners.

I've been brewing going on sixteen years, more so in the last seven. I still feel like a kid in candy store when I'm at the brew store.( NB Mpls) I brew mostly APA's and Wheat beers, but would like to try some lagers next year.Mostly German. Pilsners.

except for the years brewing, this coulda been me typing that :D love me some apa's and wheats, and will be getting my temp controller for my ferm chamber in from ebay in the next few days

I have a mini fridge for fermentation, I just like the fast turnaround of ales.

I have a mini fridge for fermentation, I just like the fast turnaround of ales.

+1 to that. my next 2 will be a hefeweizen and an american mild (ferm time 11-12 days each, with a week carb time). but i'll ferment ales in the 68 degree house, and lager others in a chest freezer

Been at this for almost 20 years now, I am now playing with the whole BIAB + sparge and continued tweaking of recipes buy most in bulk and have become a little jaded over the whole "BLING" need or maybe just gotten a little more cynical in my advancing years. :eek:

Been at this for almost 20 years now, I am now playing with the whole BIAB + sparge and continued tweaking of recipes buy most in bulk and have become a little jaded over the whole "BLING" need or maybe just gotten a little more cynical in my advancing years. :eek:

I here yea there, I'll be 50 years young in February. and I'm over all that shinny stuff. KISS...

Yeah I am with you on the KISS. As long as you can turn out a great product. I bew out of a cooler mash tun and 11gln brew kettle also only have one glass carboy and two better bottles and two eight gallon primary fermentors.

I'm looking forward to building a keezer, so I can finally start kegging. I think I have about 600-650 bottles (empty and full), and they take up a lot of space! Not to mention all of the cleaning of bottles!

I am going on 5 years. The best part is that there is ALWAYS something new to learn!! I am working my way through brewing most of the BJCP styles. This winter I plan on brewing lots of lagers. Not necessarily a huge fan but I like the challenge to my brewing skills

2013 will be awesome. I have 11 batches of various sours that will all see their first birthday next year.

I'm going to start brewing this spring. Im really excited. Turning 21 in April and what would be better to do on my birthday than brew. :ban:

Ten years brewing, as of last month. Finally found a brew buddy this year and have brewed as much as all previous years combined. 2013 will be another banner year, I'm sure! All our friends are used to us bringing them wine and beer whenever they turn around, so there's motivation to keep showing off. :rockin:

That, plus our wives have the taste now. They may complain about brew day (or not--I think I found one of the dozen women anywhere who likes the smell of boiling wort), but they're happy to consume the results. :ban:

-Rich

Latest posts

Back