Snowstorm - Time to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epimetheus

Reaction score
Are you staying in and brewing during this snowstorm? It seems much more sensible than driving 60 miles in this crud.

I woke up at 3am in preparation to drive family to the airport for 10am. Lots of snow around Hartford CT. Then start work via telecommuting. Then plow the rest of the driveway.

Maybe I'll make time for a quick extract half batch of Captain Crunch PB Porter.

Stay safe. Brew on. :mug:

Some people have all the fun! We got some cold temps, but hardly any snow. Looks like we'll have 1 day of 30s tomorrow and then back down to single digit highs.

i would, but for the first time in 12 years my outside water (by the garage) is frozen....

Two 5 gallon buckets half full can be carried by most physically able people many, many feet.

I would be brewing tomorrow buy for the whole house being stricken by the plague. We have about 8" on the ground and blowing.

Some people have all the fun! We got some cold temps, but hardly any snow. Looks like we'll have 1 day of 30s tomorrow and then back down to single digit highs.

You sure you want some of this Homercidal??? :)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388763500.595374.jpg

i had a two-brew day a month or two ago that started in the cold, and ended in the really cold and snow. I use a turkey fryer outside for heat, and garden hose outside for my IC. My hands started freezing up, and the the IC darn near froze up.

Not as much fun as it sounds :(

You sure you want some of this Homercidal??? :)

View attachment 169923

I'm just tired of the weather people making such a friggin fuss over 2-3 inches of snow.

Unless you've just moved here from Florida or Texas, there is no reason to set up storm warnings for such a trifle.

And in answer to your question, no I'll actually pass right now. My snowblower is broke and I haven't had the ambition to weld the pull start housing back together in order to test the carb rebuild.

After I get it running, though, send it on over! I left PLENTY of room for huge snow piles this year!

I'm thinking about it . . . . definately want to.
I'm working Saturday, so Sunday would be brewday. Depends on how windy it gets.

"Details for Sunday, January 05
Rain and snow. Highs in the mid 30s and lows -5 to -9F."

'da Kid

No brewing. I did a 21 hour stint plowing town roads. That is just a normal winter weather event.

I'm just tired of the weather people making such a friggin fuss over 2-3 inches of snow.

Unless you've just moved here from Florida or Texas, there is no reason to set up storm warnings for such a trifle.

You only got 2-3, we got 8. Another 4-8 is due to hit Sunday.

But I agree with you--I grew up farther north in MI than where your tag says you're from, so even 8" is just a trifle.

You only got 2-3, we got 8. Another 4-8 is due to hit Sunday.

But I agree with you--I grew up farther north in MI than where your tag says you're from, so even 8" is just a trifle.

Yeah, GR and south have gotten most of the snow the past several storms. We've gotten a fair amount, but have missed out the past few.

But now my snowblower is fixed and ready to go! We are supposed to get 3-5 inches total for this system. Hardly worth worrying about.

I had to tell the guys at work I fixed my blower, so when we stop getting snow, they know why. You never get snow when your ready for it.

Back