Smuttynose Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pernox

Reaction score
http://smuttynose.com/beers/the_smuttynose_big_beer_ser/imperial_stout.html

Wow.

I had a second bomber of this stuff the other night, procured with great joy from a shopping trip to tax-free New Hampshire. (stocked up this time! can't find it in my neck of the woods.)

Picture a good, roasty, complex RIS that neatly wears its high ABV behind a facade of delicious burnt carmelly toasty deliciousness... And now imagine drinking it while your face is stuffed into a freshly opened mylar vacuum bag of hop pellets. Really - this stuff has the best smell I've ever enjoyed in a glass of beer. Whoa. The hop flavor really comes through, too - something I've never experienced to this degree in anything but an IPA.

Got to clone this one, and soon. The only place I have found it is a two hour drive. I've got a few more bottles, one or two of which will be going in the basement. Hopefully, I will forget about it 'til a mid-winter boiler checkup in a year or two... And I'll find it there, under the workbench, dusty and cobwebby, like a bottle of warm, tasty black gold...

:tank:

Latest posts

Back