Smoothies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyver53402

Reaction score
i MADE AN ALE 9.0 ABV OUT OF A SOUR GREEN APPLE/KIWI/VEGGIE SMOOTHIE FROM THE SUPERMARKET. DRANK ONE THE OTHER DAY. AWESOME. :mug:

You added an ale yeast to a premade smoothie, to make a fruit/veggie wine?

I like this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

guyver.. as in McGuyver??? Did you use a piece of swiss cheese and a string to pull this off!? Sorry to be a dick, need more details!

I grabbed a couple of 32oz smoothies from supermarket( both had high sugar content). One sour apple/kiwi/veg and other strawberry/banana. I did one gal batches. I used lt plain malt and steeped the SKV smoothie. Threw in citra hops during the boil. Threw all together, pitched safale belgium yeast.
For the SB smoothie ,I followed a wheat/hefe type recipe.
I also made a sunny D ale that was sweet but alot of test subjects, including a beer judge, liked.

I just try one gallon batches and mix it up with what I have. Amazingly...that sour apple/kiwi/veg was green and turn out nice beer color. Was going to do carrot one but the smoothie tasted like carrot out of the ground. blah.

Back