Small Keezer Build (3.5cu.ft)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowloris

Reaction score
I built a small keezer from a 3.5cu.ft freezer. It is snug, but can fit two ball lock kegs and a 5lb CO2 tank inside.
The collar is 9" tall for keg clearance and lined with 2 layers of foam board insulation.
Made a small wooden platform to fill the 7" gap next to the compressor bump.
The total useable space inside is about 16" (length) x 16.5" (width) x 26.5" (height).
Mounted a 5" computer fan with a 12V power supply to the inside collar to recirculate the cool air.
Inkbird ITC-308 temperature controller used.
Clipped some SOLO cups to the side with magnets to catch the drips.

Enjoy!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Perfect timing! I am planning to buy and build a keezer for my oldest son for Christmas and have been debating between a 3.5 cu. ft. and 5 cu. ft. freezer as the starting point. My goal is to have room for 2 ball lock kegs and a CO2 tank. I assumed 3.5 would not work, but hadn't thought of making a taller collar and making the floor even with the top of the compressor hump. Nice job!

Perfect timing! I am planning to buy and build a keezer for my oldest son for Christmas and have been debating between a 3.5 cu. ft. and 5 cu. ft. freezer as the starting point. My goal is to have room for 2 ball lock kegs and a CO2 tank. I assumed 3.5 would not work, but hadn't thought of making a taller collar and making the floor even with the top of the compressor hump. Nice job!
5cu.ft would for sure give more flexibility with internal space and potentially more taps down the road if needed. I sometimes wish I had more room inside, but don’t have the drinking power in my house to support more than 2 taps at a time. Definitely worth the effort. Your son will be happy either way!

Latest posts

Back