Slow pour from faucet/keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty76

Reaction score
I've been having a problem of a slow pour from my keg.
It is a ball lock keg carbed at about 12psi (set and forget).
the problem is the beer pours out at just above a trickle and i can't figure out why, the beer comes out with a good level of carbonation it's just slow.
I started out with 10' of 3/16 beer line and started trimming about a foot at a time to try to improve flow, down to about 6' now and still same problem, the hose is new, I tried a new post, I tried a different ball lock connector, I tried a new faucet. I can improve flow slightly by increasing pressure but I am worried about that just over carbonating it. I have a pin lock keg in the kegerator with it that is set up the same way and it pours just fine.
What am I missing here?

I have one pin lock that does this - I have tested the line connector and faucet and it all works with other kegs - so in my book that only leaves the liquid line post.

My assumption is there is some gunk in the poppet. Good luck.

You replaced the post? When you took it off, did you pull out the diptube and the poppit? Something is plugged, either the diptube or the poppit inside the post. Try purging, taking off the post again and taking it apart and then pull out the diptube and eyeball it up to the light to see if it's obstructed. It sounds like it is.

When I replaced the post I removed the poppit and cleaned it, but I did not pull the dip tube, I will try that next, thanks

so I pulled the out post off again and trimmed off 1 coil from the bottom of the poppit spring, and that worked, now it pours just fine and the connector is easier to push on.

Thanks for the help

so I pulled the out post off again and trimmed off 1 coil from the bottom of the poppit spring, and that worked, now it pours just fine and the connector is easier to push on.

Thanks for the help

So was the spring just not depressing enough??

It was depressing me that it wasn't working right :D

But yeah that seems to be the case,
maybe i just got an extra strong poppit spring

So more confirmation that it was the poppit, I kegged another batch last night and put it in kegerator, I put in new poppits, and all new o rings, and just had to try to pour a glass, it came out beautifully, still flat of course but it poured nicely, and the connector popped on nice and easy.

Back