Sliding Burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently took the step to keggle brewing. Now i have the itch to make a full single tier system. I was wondering if anyone has made one using two burners that can slide back and forth under the htl, mtl, and brew kettle.

Perhaps its just worth it to buy the third burner. But making things more complicated and nifty is always fun too. Any ideas.

Third burner seems much easier. In my case I went with a RIMS so I skipped the third burner but have the space/shield set up for a future burner if the RIMS did not work out. So far I like the RIMS set up. See Sawdustguys RIMS for Dummies thread.

One of the members of the local brew club recently completed work on his three tier stand. He has a single burner that he swaps between the HLT and BK. While the system certainly works, I'm going to second the opinion that it's more work than it's worth. If you're already going to be plumbing two burners into the stand, an extra T, some black pipe and a third burner isn't going to set you back too far.

It seems that is the popular opinion. I'm still deciding on which single tier to make in the first place. I've read great things about RIMS.

Back