Single Tier Wood Brew Rig Design/Feedback.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swilliams603

Reaction score
I have been searching through these forums for wooden brew stand ideas that will not go up in flames. I am not totally convinced that placing a burner near the wood would not start to scorch the wood.

What do you guys think of my mockup? ultimately a wooden stand topped with sheet metal with three bayou burners on top fastened with some metal brackets of some sort. I would make the stand shorter to accommodate the height of the burners. I could also attach pumps to the base and wheels so it can be moved around and serve as the "fancy" ones.

Anyone try something like this? (Click to enlarge)

I have a two-tier wooden brew stand made out of 2x6's, plywood, and aluminum sheeting. I use a cooler mash tun, so I don't have to worry about the vertical 2x6's that to to the second level getting burned. I have not noticed any scorching of the wood.

This is the single tier wood stand I built....

IMG_20130122_171217.jpg

I've been using this rig for 9 months as it sits and the wood isn't showing any signs of stress or heat damage. The design worked out great. It's about 5" from the bottom of my kettles to the wood surface.

This is the single tier wood stand I built....

IMG_20130122_171217.jpg

I've been using this rig for 9 months as it sits and the wood isn't showing any signs of stress or heat damage. The design worked out great. It's about 5" from the bottom of my kettles to the wood surface.

Very nice.I will be building a single tier out of wood this winter good to know that yours is holding up so well.

Gitmoe said:
Yup, 3 Blichmann burners. I work at a LHBS so I get a nice discount on shiny things...

Is there any chance you could measure the openings for those burners? I'm planning my stand now. I measured 17 1/2 and 17 3/8 on the one at the LHBS but I'm curious howich that varies from burner to burner.

They're square as far as I remember. The openings I made were square, I know that for sure. The beauty of wood is it's flexible...

Back