Single Tier System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hebby

Reaction score
Just getting started on my single tier system. Bought a 120 amp 220V flux corre/mig welder from Harbor Freight at the President's weekend sale for half price. I've never welded anything before so I figured this will be good practice. Got started in the late afternoon and got about 3/4's of it done. I am using my cheap 10 inch miter saw with a cutoff wheel. I know you aren't supposed to do it but I am not cutting that much and blow out the motor with my air compressor after each cut. It works great. Sorry for the blurry pics. Light was low and the Iphone camera isn't that great in low light.

Cutting the tubing. 1.5 inch by 1/8th thick steel.
2a64ce28.jpg

Squaring it up.
745eccf7.jpg

011d5b7d.jpg

Actually got a decent weld.
5048a7ca.jpg

Thanks to everyone that has posted these builds. Ya'll inspired me to make one myself as I am definite DIY'r your posts have already helped me a ton.:mug:

you can wrap a few sheets of aluminum foil around your material close to the weld area and all of the splatter will be very easy to knock off with your grinder. useful tip i picked up on here from a clever DIYer. Good luck with the remainder!:mug:

Got some more work done. It's nice to see it taking shape.
62794eaf.jpg

84407d4b.jpg

Going to start putting the gas system together this week.

Back