Single Infusion / Concentrated Wort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey_ny

Reaction score
Hi,

I used to brew a lot. Now, I am getting back into it. I used to brew 5 gallon batches in a single infusion mash, but using some extra grain, no sparge, and boiling a concentrated wort (like 3-4 gallons). I did this because it saves time, is less liquid to boil, and then I can add 2 gallons of cold water to chill the wort before pitching.

BUT now, I can't seem to find my old note books with a) calculations for the grain bill (i.e. how much extra grain) to make sure that the gravity is correct or b) (less importantly) calculations for the strike temp. I am looking around for recipes using this brewing method, but I can't seem to come up with anything. Any ideas? I am looking for the name so that I can google it and come up with some ideas for how much grain to use. Any other comments appreciated.

Best

Mike

i would recommend trying out a brewing software like beersmith, pro mash, or beer tools. there are also online calculators for figuring out brewing calculations, but i don't have any links handy.

Latest posts

Back