Simcoe: Back in stock.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too would love to know if you anticipate getting Nelson Sauvin. It's definitely my hop of choice and there are not a ton of places to get it. Found one place that still has them, but with shipping was going to cost me nearly $30 for 6oz.!

From what I've been told, the new crop should be available in May or June. I will have them!

I'm also interested in when you plan on getting amarillo back in stock.

Planning on buying a few pounds of hops from you for the summer brew season and amarillo is definitely one of my favorites.

I have some, not many. I have to pack them up. You near the west side?

No, I am actually half an hour north of Madison in a podunk town. I just ordered some Amarillo from another place so I am set for now. If I had known you would be getting some back in stock I would have held off. Sorry.

I didn't realize you guys were so close. You guys are my go to place for hops and specialty grains.

How about killing this thread cause every time I see it I expect to be buying some Simcoe and not Amarillo. Not that I have anything against Amarillo, but nobody likes a tease.

OMG your website is so dangerous. I originally went in for Simcoe, and left with the folowing

Simcoe
Cascade
Centennial
Chinook
Citra
Columbus

Ordered some Simcoe, Citra, and Summit yesterday.

Love your Citra hops. I've gotten some from some other places recently that haven't been as tasty and aromatic as the ones I got from you a month or so back. Can't wait to try out the Simcoe and Summit too.

Ordered some Simcoe, Citra, and Summit yesterday.

Love your Citra hops. I've gotten some from some other places recently that haven't been as tasty and aromatic as the ones I got from you a month or so back. Can't wait to try out the Simcoe and Summit too.

They are such a nice hops, packaged some today smelled great.

Steelers77 said:
Sounds good, I grew up on the East side ( Squirrel Hill), moved to Churchill before moving to Wisconsin.

Word. I am running out of places to get citra and simcoe so you should hear from me before too long.

For my next brew I plan on steering away from kits. Any suggestions on what I should get? I was looking at the hop pack and I was thinking: Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra, and Summit. What do yall think? I'm planning on brewing some pale ales/ipas next. Tired of wheats/hefes right now

For my next brew I plan on steering away from kits. Any suggestions on what I should get? I was looking at the hop pack and I was thinking: Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra, and Summit. What do yall think? I'm planning on brewing some pale ales/ipas next. Tired of wheats/hefes right now

Do a single hopped pale ale with Palisade, my favorite hop.

Steelers77 said:
Do a single hopped pale ale with Palisade, my favorite hop.

I will keep that in mind myself. New to brewing I have been doing single hop beers just so I can better know what I am working with and I have yet to do a pale ale.

I bought a pack of each simcoe, centennial, columbus, and US goldings earlier this month (think I ordered on the fourth actually). You guys were cheap and fast. Just wanted to say kudos. I'm pretty new, so being able to buy bulk hops, but not having to order a pound at a time is awesome. That way I can try more varieties at a (very) reasonable cost. Rock on. :rockin:

Yesterday I brewed Biermunchers Centennial Blonde, but hopped it with straight Simcoe. I also upped the last two additions to .5 oz. It should be a pretty hoppy blonde. First time using Simcoe. My airlock smells delightful!

Are you going to be getting any New Zealand hops in the near future? I'm specifically interested in Nelson Sauvin.

DragonOrta said:
I've been doing a variation of Tasty's Pale Ale with a single hop used for late additions. It's been turning out well. http://hopville.com/brewer/Dragonorta

I have done 2 batches of all citra WPA. I really love this beer. I feel like this is a great way to learn how to utilize a specific variety. If I just blended all the time I would never get those skills. So the Palisade APA sounds great. Thinking about using the same sched as the citra wheat.

I am doing all grain. Did you put up a recipe? I have to look again. Probably do it within the month.

Back