Silicone Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shutupjojo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody replaces there tubing after a while. I've had mine on my system a long time and ran many batches through and it seems harder and harder to clean. Can't get the smell out anymore. Pumping 180 f oxyclean through them. Still discolored , still smell like wort.

Does anyone have a good source for Silicone tubing? Getting ready to buy some myself.

For some reason I thought they would last longer.

If they are on the hot side, who cares? As long as there isn't a bunch of junk in there, they should be fine. Just make sure to keep the last tube going into the fermentor clean. I am still running the same tube going from my mash to BK for the last 4 years.

Tubing alwalys takes on odors and discoloration. Never seems to affect the beer though in my experience. If I were you I'd keep using it.

If they are on the hot side, who cares? As long as there isn't a bunch of junk in there, they should be fine. Just make sure to keep the last tube going into the fermentor clean. I am still running the same tube going from my mash to BK for the last 4 years.

Yeah it is throughout. I do understand what your saying but it has been probably been 6 years or so. The only line that's ok is the fermenter line. I do think they have a life span and I don't like stinky lines.

If it bothers you that bad then replace them. Or you could try some 5-star saniclean. I use it on my buckets. Doesn't get 100% of the odor out, but knocks it down pretty good.

Back