Silicone tubing supply?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they have increased shipping to $18. I asked about combined shipping... they said, same total per roll. Seems kinda high for shipping, but still a heck of a deal.

I ordered last night around 8 PM Est and the shipping was set at $19.99 for me, still at $30 for a 50' roll I wasn't going to pass that up.

26.29 including shipping to DC area. Wow!! Thanks for info on this. I hate how stiff the thermoplastic stuff I have now is.

Looks like they have increased shipping to $18. I asked about combined shipping... they said, same total per roll. Seems kinda high for shipping, but still a heck of a deal.

no if you change the quantity from 1-2 it should jump the shipping about 6 bucks mine went from

$17 for 1 to $24 for 2

-=Jason=-

EDIT: just noticed that Ebay Auction is up to 166 sold yesterday it was around 50ish.

Ill add that if you are in the Chicagoland area you can do a pickup of the stuff and save the shipping.

Yesterday I bought the first 5 and now he has sold 160+. Perhaps I should get some sort of commission <jk>.

no if you change the quantity from 1-2 it should jump the shipping about 6 bucks mine went from

$17 for 1 to $24 for 2 -=Jason=-

EDIT: just noticed that Ebay Auction is up to 166 sold yesterday it was around 50ish.

Wish I would have known that before I placed my order. His response to my question sure made it sound like shipping would be doubled for 2.

Ed

I traded emails with Nick today about doing a local pickup. He said that he has another 200 that he will post shortly.

He wondered where the hell all the orders were coming from.

I traded emails with Nick today about doing a local pickup. He said that he has another 200 that he will post shortly.

He wondered where the hell all the orders were coming from.

Obviously he was jacking the price via shipping charges. Hopefully he will maintain a similar total price if he decides to sell more. My guess, as quick as this sold, he will check out other prices and the next round will be more expensive.

Obviously he was jacking the price via shipping charges. Hopefully he will maintain a similar total price if he decides to sell more. My guess, as quick as this sold, he will check out other prices and the next round will be more expensive.

Ed, you just set it up to ship via location. UPS STORE is expensive. I don't think he was padding the shipping. just using what UPS.com rates are.

XX size Box at XX lbs to XX zipcode = xxx Price

but I bet his next 200 are going to be at a higher price... perhaps not

the other Ebay seller did infact JACK his price from 29.99 to 39.99 with free shipping.

-=Jason=-

I get a real kick when vendors sell so much of an item like this. I'm sure the price will be higher the next time around.

oh snaps....

my AHS tubing showed up today and its all I need for the time being, but damn for $27 I can get 50' more... hrm....

-=Jason=-

SCORE.... I just purchased one.. I couldn't pass it up.

I am going to ask that he use my UPS account number so shipping is $6 instead of 17.68

-=Jason=-

SCORE.... I just purchased one.. I couldn't pass it up.

I am going to ask that he use my UPS account number so shipping is $6 instead of 17.68

-=Jason=-

That's pretty trusting. They'll have your account number to use any time they wish.

Plus, many sellers use the shipping cost to make their profit so they may not even do it.

That's pretty trusting. They'll have your account number to use any time they wish.

Plus, many sellers use the shipping cost to make their profit so they may not even do it.

done deal, paypal'd for 11.99 he charged me $2 for a box.

and we can have UPS not allow certain accounts to bill us. i look over every UPS invoice and anything that is not legit I refuse to pay. pretty simple actually.

i just write up an order for shipping only and pay for the shipping so its not like I am screwing my company out of money.

-=Jason=-

I'm sure you will see silicone tubing for sale in the classified section shortly.

-= Jason =-

Anyone interested in selling some or splitting their role? I'm looking for at least 12 feet.

Carl

Thanks HBT, I've been out of brewing for several years due to changes in condo laws, and taking a promotion. I started an eBrewery with the law change, but due to condo on the market all my supplies are packed up.

Thanks to this deal of only $26 spent I've getting back into the hobby. I told myself if you start again, you go all out. Silicone tubing, stainless parts, this deal started the need again. Thanks to Kal's page and I can't sing enough praise to PJ, who helped me years ago and is only as active on here, the dream starts again.

Squeeky

I'm still amazed at .52 cent/ft silicone tubing, next I'm gonna find a 10g cornie at a yard sale for $15. Fingers Crossed.

23 sold already.

Received my roll today from last weeks order.

This is nice stuff.

Squeeky, if you live in Az I can possibly arrange some thing with 5 gallon ball lock cornies

-=jason=

I bought a roll last week and then two more when he re-posted. I should be set for tubing until the end of time! ;-)

I read somewhere that they only have a five year shelf life (when stored at room temperature).

perhaps for use in the medical field where every thing needs to be to spec, but as long as your tubing is NOT cracked or worn I think you can get more life out of it.

but I haven't done any research on the subject so your mileage may vary

-=jason=-

Wow, that's a great deal. Just picked up a roll, and looking forward to replacing my more worn tubing :)

If you ferment in corney kegs this stuff works great for a blowoff tube. Just pull the poppet from the gas-in connector and this silicone fits snugly on the post without any clamps.

He is down to 4 left as of a couple of minutes ago.

I don't know why there is a 5 year shelf life either, but the sticker he shows in the auction shows "Shelf Life: 5 years from date of mfg". That same sticker also shows the mfg date as 1-19-09, so it is already 2 years into the 5 year shelf life.

But for that price....:ban:

Back