show your age with a picture of a toy from your childhood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was pretty close. I'm 44. đź‘Ť

i knew you'd have to be older then me.....i never owned one but remember the commercials, sorta...

hatetosayistartedyoung.jpg

chewinggum.jpg

wasn't something like this was it? lol

edit: i thought that's what you were talking about.....i tried to find the actual picture for the candy chew though, closest i got......

I'm old enough that this was always my choice whenever Mom let us pick out candy in the grocery checkout line.

View attachment 695585

OMG I totally remember the candy cigs!

I got in such trouble with those in 3rd grade. I didn't understand at all; I mean, Dad smoked like two packs of the real ones per day so that was the right thing to do, right?

I remember the day I got one of these from my great grandparents from California when they visited us when I was 5. Mine was brown and is still at my dad’s house
View attachment 690550
Had one of these too at about the same time and it hauled a lot of dirt around the farm. Wore out a lot of knees in my jeans too.
View attachment 690549
Both were all steel except the wheels and windows.

Believe it or not, they still sell these now (had the same one when I was a kid).

Except the ones they sell now are "classic", where the cab and the frame are plastic, the smoke stack is rubber, and only the dump bed is some sort of stamped metal material.

Still, many fond memories of tearing up the sand box with one of these, so I'm going to drop this in for my picture as well.

and man, i just had a birthday...sooo i want to feel young around you grampas! lol iremember one xmas, dad driving us to the long's and buying one of these!

nesorig.jpg
i beat metroid SO many times i got her into a swim suit, damn right i did! :D

edit: and if i already posted that, my memories getting bad....lol

Last edited:

Attachments

• babygangster2.gif
    babygangster2.gif
    159.6 KB · Views: 18
  • babygangster.jpg
    babygangster.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
There's gotta be a Rule 34 of that somewhere lol.
My dorm in college had t-shirts made declaring us the champions of co-ed naked twister. It had the Twister dots across the back and looked pretty cool. I haven't noticed it in my closet lately though. I wonder how long it's been since my wife got rid of it...

Last edited:
Not my pic but I had the same bike. 1989 I worked all year long to save and by 1989 GT performer.
I had it about 2 weeks and pulled in to my buddies house to go ride the ramp we made when his dad came home drunk, missed the driveway by a foot or so and ran it over:oops:.... it was an awesome 2weeks tho:rock:

9F145867-79AF-44C9-B588-1EB82029E74F.jpeg

Mine was green and yellow!
View attachment 701494
Mine was actually purple with sparkly metal-flake stuff in the seat vinyl. It came with purple and white streamers hanging out of the hand grips. First order of business was rip out the streamers and then clip an Ace of Spades to the seat support so it flipped in the spokes and made motor noise. Man... every kid that saw it wanted to ride it. My dad realized I had swiped his Ace and eventually made me give it back and switch to a Joker. But that was almost as cool.

Last edited:
Back