Show us your SWMBO...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and the Wife at Ludington's Suds on the Shore beer festival last weekend.

Kris_and_Jim.jpg

Wouldn't read much into that.

Not everyone follows the taboo of "never take off the ring".

I Take my ring off every night. I can't sleep with jewelry, watches on, just something about it. At home my wife knows we are married, and when I go out of the house it's always on. Only other time I take it off is the gym. I can't lift with it, it throws off my grip. Plus I don't want to mess up my ring.

Haven't worn my ring in five or six years. Doesn't fit too well anymore. Oh well, she knows I'm not going anywhere.

This is the old, single guy coming out in me but.... That's the left hand and there's no mark of the beast. No ring?

I know people that don't wear them.

Mine is tattooed on. So is my wife's. People have one of two minds about it.

"Awwww. That's awesome!" or "Woooooow. That's stupid.".

I tend to agree with them.

Man.

When my dumb ass younger brother married his first wife (now ex), he got her name tattooed on his chest. Fairly large.

I told him he was an idiot. He didn't care.

When they broke it off, he told me I was right... never should have got that.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, "Dude, Chanel and I just got engaged."

"Sweet bro." (they've known each other for 8 months) "So, how big is the rock this time?"

"Ah, no man, we got each other's names tattooed around our ring fingers"

*Click, dial tone*

Moron.

Man.

When my dumb ass younger brother married his first wife (now ex), he got her name tattooed on his chest. Fairly large.

I told him he was an idiot. He didn't care.

When they broke it off, he told me I was right... never should have got that.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, "Dude, Chanel and I just got engaged."

"Sweet bro." (they've known each other for 8 months) "So, how big is the rock this time?"

"Ah, no man, we got each other's names tattooed around our ring fingers"

*Click, dial tone*

Moron.

I'm allergic to metal. Nickel, really, but I seem to have a reaction to all. After I get tattoos I break out heavily, so that was really the thought.

Mine won't come off without soap. This is as far as I can get it to go. Good deal, no lost ring. 18 years old last May.

.View attachment 297933

You have lovely hands.

Also, I haven't worn my ring in many, many years. I wore it for a few years, but I really can't stand the feel of it with all I do with my hands. And by now it's way too small for me.

I'd have no qualms about a tattoo on my ring finger though. I'm giving that some serious thought right now. After 23 years I think it's worth the odds.

About 25 years ago I was coming down a ladder on a ship and got mine hooked just enough to scare the hell out of me. I haven't worn a ring since.

You have lovely hands.

Also, I haven't worn my ring in many, many years. I wore it for a few years, but I really can't stand the feel of it with all I do with my hands. And by now it's way too small for me.

I'd have no qualms about a tattoo on my ring finger though. I'm giving that some serious thought right now. After 23 years I think it's worth the odds.

My hands are 20 years older than me. You're too kind.

i dont wear my ring. i dont have a tattoo either. I have issues with wearing rings, watches, necklaces, etc. if i have that stuff on it drives me crazy.

Back