Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work! I like the cog belt idea. It should greatly reduce the side loading on the bushings / bearings.
This is the motor I am planing to use, I hope it works well. I can control the RPM from 0 to 3000.
IMG_20190625_180948.jpg

There is a red rectangle cat box thing under your RIMS , sort of looks like a wagon on first glance

LOL gotta love it. my wife buys a litter box on Amazon it doesn't work for whats she's doing so I take it and use it to hold all my odds and ends before brewing. I always say when the litter box is empty I must be brewing

Wagon? I don't see a wagon are you referring to my RIMS stand?
right under the rims tube is what looks like a kids wagon. Is that just a red drip pan? My kids leave crap everywhere, so I thought it was some of that. Anyway, your rig looks great.

Thanks chessking,
Its been a long time since I had a little one running around. My daughter is 23, now its just the dogs and the old lady making a mess lol

I got very lucky with the heatsink, found it at Tanner Electronics for $16. Woohoo! They were 80 to 90 bucks everywhere I looked. It was setting at the back of the shelf covered with dust. I grabbed it before they changed their minds. Pulling 44 amps and it barely gets warm.

The box is 12 × 12 × 8. I wish I would have bought one a bit larger but I was able to fit everything in.

Here a few more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20190703_152258.jpg
    IMG_20190703_152258.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 419
  • IMG_20190703_152119.jpg
    IMG_20190703_152119.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 403
  • IMG_20190703_152131.jpg
    IMG_20190703_152131.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 401
  • IMG_20190703_152137.jpg
    IMG_20190703_152137.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 402
  • IMG_20190703_152236.jpg
    IMG_20190703_152236.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 406
  • IMG_20190703_152150.jpg
    IMG_20190703_152150.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 393
  • IMG_20190703_152227.jpg
    IMG_20190703_152227.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 400
The spa panel has a label that says “must remain open while brewing” is that just so you have the ability to quick kill the power in an emergency?

More importantly- what’s this guy’s name and function?!

View attachment 633880
That was my first brewdog's first toy. Auggie is gone now but he is still with us on brew days, guarding the electrics. He was an 85 lb American Pitbull that loved to hang with us. We were the most protected Brewers in Dallas. Prost Aug.

I got very lucky with the heatsink, found it at Tanner Electronics for $16. Woohoo! They were 80 to 90 bucks everywhere I looked. It was setting at the back of the shelf covered with dust. I grabbed it before they changed their minds. Pulling 44 amps and it barely gets warm.

The box is 12 × 12 × 8. I wish I would have bought one a bit larger but I was able to fit everything in.

Here a few more pics.

I was going to use a 16 x 16 x 8 panel, but ended up getting a 16 x 24 x 6 panel for free I just have to buy the backplane. Its on the large size but the price was right.

I was going to use a 16 x 16 x 8 panel, but ended up getting a 16 x 24 x 6 panel for free I just have to buy the backplane. Its on the large size but the price was right.
That should give you a lot of room to work with and even add more bells and whistles. Exactly what do you want to have in your control panel?

That should give you a lot of room to work with and even add more bells and whistles. Exactly what do you want to have in your control panel?
I am looking at building this for 3 vessel as a 30amp or 50amp setup. I have not decided if I will go with the PIDs that I already have or go with the BCS-482 PLC.

I am looking at building this for 3 vessel as a 30amp or 50amp setup. I have not decided if I will go with the PIDs that I already have or go with the BCS-482 PLC.
I had PIDs initially but after studying the Auber EZboil it was a no brainer. It is designed for the brewery or commercial kitchen. It is easier to work with than a PID. It has built in step mashing up to eight events and for boiling it has 9 events for adding hops, nutrients, etc and you can also include the time you need to make the additions. It has a knob on the front that allows you to quickly adjust the power to the elements and also adjust the time. It has alarm outputs that can turn things on or off depending on time or temperature. Check it out at Auber.
auber.com
It is the brains behind the WortHog control panels.

Here is my current setup. I made the cart out of slotted angle iron and L-brackets. It started out as a gas-fired BIAB, but now is an electric BIAB with recirculation. The gas burner makes a nice stand for the kettle now. I still use the gas burner for shrimp boils and Turkey frying, etc. The table length is nice. It gives me plenty of room to work. It is all on casters, so the entire setup is mobile.
20190707_101823.jpeg
20190707_102055.jpeg

Here is my current setup. I made the cart out of slotted angle iron and L-brackets. It started out as a gas-fired BIAB, but now is an electric BIAB with recirculation. The gas burner makes a nice stand for the kettle now. I still use the gas burner for shrimp boils and Turkey frying, etc. The table length is nice. It gives me plenty of room to work. It is all on casters, so the entire setup is mobile.View attachment 634509View attachment 634510

Very nice.. Here is the brew stand I built, I use T-Slot from 8020.
IMG_20190324_155458.jpeg

Here's my new rig that I built earlier this year. The Gott Cooler will be replaced with a SS Brewtech mash tun (maybe as a Christmas gift). I decided I had spent enough money plus it was one less variable to contend with as I transitioned to a new system.

View attachment 641647
What model refrigerators you running on the bottom right? Look perfect size for my Blichmann

From your other thread it looks like after sleeping on it you changed your mind above the up-side-down orientation.
That would be wise. It makes no sense to give yourself a hurdle that doesn't need to exist...

Cheers!

When you originally pointed the pump head orientation, I didn't understand the implication that I was creating an "air bell"...

Now I get it! [emoji106]
From your other thread it looks like after sleeping on it you changed your mind above the up-side-down orientation.
That would be wise. It makes no sense to give yourself a hurdle that doesn't need to exist...

Cheers!

Back