Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my setup.....

All electric 15 gallon E-Herms 50A PID controlled system.
3 15 Gallon Bru Gear Kettles
All Tri Clamp setup
2 SS Chugger pumps
2 Dudu Chillers
Stainless Hop Spider
MoreBeer Sparge Arm
2 14 Gallon Chapman Fermenters
Converted fridge for fermentation

:mug:

zaiw3.jpg

21ni142.jpg

2vluoi0.jpg

1zvq0jk.jpg

6ypky8.jpg

3325h81.jpg

How do you like the chapman fermenters the prices are amazing, but looks like the bottom would pull some sediment when transferring out of the fermenter? If you say they are great I think I found my next investment lol

Nice system. What volume of wort do you chill and what's is the starting temp and pitching temp? How long does it take? I'm thinking about doing the same thing but would like an idea of what to expect first.

Thank you.

We did our first 10gal batch with the new kettles ~10 days ago. Started at boiling temp ~213, and in about ten mins of recirculating thru the HERMS coil submerged in ice it was down to 65 degrees. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1446324497.762921.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1446324523.995512.jpg

In the keggles system I had 50' of copper for the herms coil, and by restricting the flow (letting it spend more time in the coil exchanging heat) I could do a one pass chill. The stainless is a shorter coil and doesn't exchange heat as efficiently as the copper did.

How do you like the chapman fermenters the prices are amazing, but looks like the bottom would pull some sediment when transferring out of the fermenter? If you say they are great I think I found my next investment lol

I really like them, I would say the ball valve is about 2" up from the bottom. I haven't had any issues with it pulling anything from the bottom but I always use my hop spider as an extra filter when I transfer the beer. I would say these are no different than a bucket with a ball valve. Not as good as a Conical but I just couldn't justify the cost and they also often don't fit in fridges which is a must since I brew in AZ.

Thanks looks like it will be on my list of upgrades lol I just wasn't sure about the height of the valve that's where I was sorta like eh but sounds great thanks for the info

Thanks looks like it will be on my list of upgrades lol I just wasn't sure about the height of the valve that's where I was sorta like eh but sounds great thanks for the info

No problem at all, it sits about 1.5" high on the 7gal fermenter and about 2" high on the 14gal fermenter. Overall I am very happy with them and they seal perfect. The only thing I personally would change would be the handles. I just don't trust them when my 14 gallon one is close to full. For the price, I would buy them again for sure and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

No problem at all, it sits about 1.5" high on the 7gal fermenter and about 2" high on the 14gal fermenter. Overall I am very happy with them and they seal perfect. The only thing I personally would change would be the handles. I just don't trust them when my 14 gallon one is close to full. For the price, I would buy them again for sure and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Yea the price is killer so think I will be getting them sooner then later to get rid of my plastic buckets and carboys till I can afford some conicals

Daaaaaaaaamn thanks for all the inspiration guys..... still have to get my hands on a larger kettle among other gear (moving up from tiny batches to 5-10 gallon). After a couple 5 gallon trial runs, thinking of how all this is going to be put together and seeing these builds is giving me lots of ideas.

Just had my first brew day with my new single tier system this past Sunday. The brew cart is my old one just stained and polyed. Will probably get a stainless table at some point.

recirc.jpg

Just had my first brew day with my new single tier system this past Sunday. The brew cart is my old one just stained and polyed. Will probably get a stainless table at some point.

recirc.jpg

That's a nice looking setup but that's a two tier my friend.

Been working on this thing for a while now. Just added a tipping mash tun to it. Built, not bought.

I have been thinking about building a tipper for mine, love the design. Where did you get the brackets around the keg? Any interest in building another identical? Pm me

All made in my garage. But it wouldnt be a problem making another one tho. Let me cruncch some numbers and I'll let you know what it would cost to do again.

Id use 1/8" instead of 3/32" next time. Man that stuff was a pain to bend. Thing worked great tho with the adjustable screw stops. I need a better design on the lip of the keg tho. Like a rectangular hole. Its difficult to entirely clean the keg well but sure beats scooping and scooping and scooping......

I know this isn't of the caliber of some of the brew stands on this thread, and I can weld (badly), but I figured this is an easy solution which is easy to change form, and relatively cheap. I can't claim originality as there was an article in Zymurgy a couple of years ago showing how this is done. I just changed the design slightly to a single tier, and added a couple of shelves for pumps. I brew under the house in a small room off of the crawl space, so it had to be electric and vented well. So far it is working well. I also had Kal build a controller for me, to save both time and the frustration I would have at trying to get it running correctly.

IMG_1484.jpg

I know this isn't of the caliber of some of the brew stands on this thread, and I can weld (badly), but I figured this is an easy solution which is easy to change form, and relatively cheap. I can't claim originality as there was an article in Zymurgy a couple of years ago showing how this is done. I just changed the design slightly to a single tier, and added a couple of shelves for pumps. I brew under the house in a small room off of the crawl space, so it had to be electric and vented well. So far it is working well. I also had Kal build a controller for me, to save both time and the frustration I would have at trying to get it running correctly.

I like the brick floor!

Thanks BadDeacon,
Long story short, that room is underneath our sunroom, off of the crawlspace. It's 10' X 20', so I'm turning it into my brew room. The only drawback is it's only 6 1/2' high, so it feels a little cramped. The plastic sheeting in the background was to mitigate some of the moisture from my brew sessions, but I have a bigger fan with 430cfm now. I plan to pull up the floor and dig down 8-10" to give me a little more headroom, but I'm not sure what kind of floor I want to put back in to deal with spills! So the look should change in the near future.

Dave

I like the paver stone floor too... But if you are going to rip it out, you might as well trench a floor drain to a sump pump to evacuate any liquid. That way if there is a major clean-up needed, you can simply hose down the floor into the trench drain.
I've seen some nice epoxy coated concrete floors. Just make sure you have enough grit in the coating... that stuff is slick sometimes when it's wet!

Huaco, Great Idea! I'll have to see if I can work it in, as the stains in front of the stand are from spills while brewing. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back