Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine. The concept was taken from someone on this site (I apologize for not remembering.) Anwyway thanks for inspiring me to learn to weld, it turned out awesome. I made the top holes just the size that I could drop Bayou SP10's in them without falling through and I spot welded them in place. So I have 3 burners resting on top of the frame.

The only problem I have is that I painted it with bbq stove paint to keep it from getting surface rust, but the paint comes off on my hand. I didn't prime it first so that's probably the issue.

26501222105821500401412.jpg

It took forever, but she finally had her inaugural batch yesterday. Many small problems led to a very long brew day. They'll all get sorted out by the next batch.

The brewery.jpg

The grain crushing.jpg

The water added.jpg

My customized spacer under the bucket leaves almost no gap between the bottom of the mill and the top of the bucket, so very little dust finds its way out. The little that does I can live with.

I have brewed 30 gals with this so far. I plan on getting a pump and moving the Hlt to the bottom shelf.

IMAG0117.jpg

Here's mine:
stand17.jpg

Made from an old post and square stock taken from an old Wieder workout machine that got scrapped. Have to put burners on it, and finish painting it (the shelves are now hi-temp silver, post will be classic-black, legs. . . not sure yet.)

One 10g batch (my Desert Moon Stout) on it and it worked like a charm. Going to run a few little copper pipes for HLT to Mash and Mash to Boil - works fine with regular tube but that stuff gets HOT! LOL

EricT, it has been getting up in the 90's around here so I was trying to stay cool. I start my brew day at 5am to beat the heat also.

I'll add mine to the mix. eherms with brewtroller built in grain mill. I've had 2 sessions through it so far and still tweaking. Overall very satisfied.
4561-jcb-brewrig1.jpg
4329-img-4304.jpg
4325-img-4303.jpg
4324-img-4302.jpg
4562-jcb-mashpaddle.jpg

jcalisi said:
I'll add mine to the mix. eherms with brewtroller built in grain mill. I've had 2 sessions through it so far and still tweaking. Overall very satisfied.

Looks great, i love the sliding mill and motor. Really good way to combine a home for them with the stand.

jcalisi,

I also love the mounted mill and motor.

Nice wood set up too. I have been thinking about doing a wood myself (due to a lack of welding knowledge).

thanks. I wanted to have everything together and compact. I may need to put a bag on the bottom to control the dust a little better though.

Took too long to get these up. Nothing too complicated, built a RIMS as well but we've been having problems with it and no time to fix it so direct fire mash for now. 15 gallon Aluminum kettles, 2 tier, 1 pump, custom stainless stand(s). Slightly ghetto sparge situation at the moment but it works. Thanks for all the inspiration and help along the way.

5993452207_b8c30534ff_z.jpg

5994292286_6349eca3bf_z.jpg

5993740431_eae7a613ca_z.jpg

5848931553_efacf0507c.jpg

PDawg asked me not to take pictures but I did.

PDawg asked me not to post these but I did.

I'm too proud of him and his work to start listening to him now. :)

Dave working on the brewery.jpg

the inner workings.jpg

From above.jpg

BREW.jpg

You're pretty much right, I think I may have over engineered it a little. The stand weighs in at 205 lbs. without the 809's and BG-14 burners. It should last a couple of lifetimes though. The concept was to be able to move up to 20 gal. batches if I wanted to.

mysobry said:
Hi

here a picture of my 50L brewing system

2 tiers 4 vessels, direct fire for mash and brew kettle, electric heating element for HLT. 2 jet burners and LPG valve control via thermoregulator. Mixer with speed regulator.One pump and divert pannel with quick disconnect for flow control

picasa web album here !

https://picasaweb.google.com/MySobry.Foto/ImpiantoPilotaBirra50L?authuser=0&feat=directlink

ciao from Italy

Looks like you CAN brew in prison(concrete block and barred up window).
Sweet setup though.

Looks like you CAN brew in prison(concrete block and barred up window).
Sweet setup though.

:D:D:D
Absolutely not...it's a very nice place where to brew...it's an "agriturismo" a farm house ..in the middle af a green region near a lake in the north of Italy !
If you come to Italy you will be my guest in prison ! :mug:

have a look to this video that show the place

[ame="http://youtu.be/T1Q4M_5biEw"]http://youtu.be/T1Q4M_5biEw[/ame]

enjoy
Davide

mysobry said:
:D:D:D
Absolutely not...it's a very nice place where to brew...it's an "agriturismo" a farm house ..in the middle af a green region near a lake in the north of Italy !
If you come to Italy you will be my guest in prison ! :mug:

have a look to this video that show the place

http://youtu.be/T1Q4M_5biEw

enjoy
Davide

Just kidding. I'm even more jealous now.

I originally posted the idea and SketchUp Files for this gravity stand here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/gravity-brew-stand-seeking-input-233394/

I finally had it made. A great guy from my church owns a metal fabrication shop and he had a couple of his guys weld this together for me. It looks great and I'm totally stoked to use it. I've only got 5 gallons in the kegs currently so I'm thinking within the next few weeks, I'll be brewing. Anyway, here it is:

6042667569_48ac42dc92_z.jpg

6043209590_558804c4f0_z.jpg

6043205486_726172f51c_z.jpg

6042656633_dd0856165e_z.jpg

This is how I'll be using this stand currently. I have only one keggle, but will eventually get a second so that I can heat mash water and sparge water.

6042654467_e9b83dfb07_z.jpg

This will be how the stand will look in the future. I don't currently have two keggles, but will soon. When I get the second burner and keggle, I'll be able to heat the mash and sparge water separate from my boil kettle.

This may already have been asked, but if so, I'm too glazed over from all the beauty to see it. Does anyone know of a good place or store to get a single or two-tier brew stand? And if not an actual brew stand, perhaps a rack that can be converted over to one with some sweat?

I don't have any welding skills, and don't know anyone in my area yet, so I'd probably go the nuts and bolts route.

And what would be a rough estimate for a machine shop to build out a single tier type rack?

Cheers!

HitTheTwit said:
This may already have been asked, but if so, I'm too glazed over from all the beauty to see it. Does anyone know of a good place or store to get a single or two-tier brew stand? And if not an actual brew stand, perhaps a rack that can be converted over to one with some sweat?

I don't have any welding skills, and don't know anyone in my area yet, so I'd probably go the nuts and bolts route.

And what would be a rough estimate for a machine shop to build out a single tier type rack?

Cheers!

There is a couple companies that offer dual or triple burner stands that could be used for brew stands. Here is a link to a decent triple burner stand for $250.00.

http://www.cajunshoppe.com/page04a.htm

There is a couple companies that offer dual or triple burner stands that could be used for brew stands. Here is a link to a decent triple burner stand for $250.00.

http://www.cajunshoppe.com/page04a.htm

Might be kinda tight fitting more than one kettle of reasonable size on that thing at one time as there's not much room between the burners. I don't have an actual "rig"; instead, I use the stand alone burners like these:

for my mash tun
http://www.campchef.com/maximum-output-single-cooker.html

& this one:

for my boil kettle
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009JXYQ4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I have an elevated electrically heated HLT, so no burner on it. My pump is mounted on a separate portable base. This makes for compact storage which I like as I don't have a lot of space where I brew.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Might be kinda tight fitting more than one kettle of reasonable size on that thing at one time as there's not much room between the burners. I don't have an actual "rig"; instead, I use the stand alone burners like these:"

I was thinking the same thing, though that company should definitely start making brewstands as part of their collection!

I was thinking the same thing, though that company should definitely start making brewstands as part of their collection!

I've never understood why they have not done so. Seems there's ready made market for something like that.

Cheers!
This is a simple boxed tube frame. 20"h x 20"d x 60"L

http://www.allmetalsinc.com/index.html
Steel Square Tube 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 60" 16 Gauge qty.4 = $42.84
Steel Square Tube 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 20" 16 Gauge qty.12 = $47.64
Total $90.48
Shipping is reasonable. $24 to NJ on that load. spend 100$ get 5% off
(code metal100 )

Not sure about a welding shop but I am willing to bet you can find someone on craigslist or maybe even here at HBT to weld it. Cant see it being more then a buck, Probably under 100$

Or you could drill some holes and do the nuts and bolts thing. Add some burners and your set

DSC_6063.jpg

This is the basic idea for our set up. I have a pump that gets used in the process which is not shown in this setup. You get the idea.

Still a work in progress, and still not powder coated. That was the initial plan.

fcmfsj.jpg

Here's my 'brewstand' using a cart that my father built. We've put the body of his 74 Cutlass Supreme on there while we ground down the frame and suspension components and painted them.

351uanp.jpg

Sorry guys. I just noticed that this is the DIY sculpture thread. I cannot take credit for the sculpture, that I purchased from Morebeer. The Shed, and kegerator I can take credit for.

Sorry guys. I just noticed that this is the DIY sculpture thread. I cannot take credit for the sculpture, that I purchased from Morebeer. The Shed, and kegerator I can take credit for.

And I'd recognize a Brewhemoth anywhere.

@Celticway: Looks good nonetheless! Great work/implementation. Do you have anything online that talks about the various components you use and why you chose what you did? I searched and you don't see to have a brewery build thread...

Kal

Latest posts

Back