Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P6150009.jpg

Hey, how did you attach the collar to the chamber? The last build I did I attached it to the kid with screws, but on my fermentation chamber build I want to attach it to the body so I don't have to pull the freezer out from the wall to open it.

Hey, how did you attach the collar to the chamber? The last build I did I attached it to the kid with screws, but on my fermentation chamber build I want to attach it to the body so I don't have to pull the freezer out from the wall to open it.

I used liquid nails

Traded my little Costco kegerator for this today. Got a temp controller into the bargain as well. Going to paint it satin black in a week or two, right now it's primer black. Can fit 4 cornies or two cornies and a fermenter for cold crashing. Snagged some great stickers too for when it's done. My boss wanted a smaller kegerator for his backyard picnic area so everyone wins. Score!!

1499568688215-2141283100.jpg

14995687111141742671541.jpg

Just moved it out to the back deck where hopefully it will see lots of action. Has space for 4 kegs and a bunch of bottles.
Just ordered a third tap for it. The intertap faucets are pretty nice.

Please note the delightful drywall mudpan with spare floor heat register "drip tray".

Image 2017-07-12 at 9.34.04 PM.jpeg

how about a future kegorator?
my grand parents coke fridge just stopped working and they offered it to me if i could make it run. Bottom half for kegging system, top half for bottle storage. Taps out the right side :)

IMAG1328.jpg

That"s what I did.

Yes but I love beer and building things 😊my wife calls me a beer snob since I only like draft beer. The beer is from a local brewer called printers ale.
First i built a shuffleboard table but then said damn...i need beer. The tap handles are actually left over from my playing surface

View attachment 1501099491191.jpg

Yes but I love beer and building things 😊my wife calls me a beer snob since I only like draft beer. The beer is from a local brewer called printers ale.
First i built a shuffleboard table but then said damn...i need beer. The tap handles are actually left over from my playing surface

Where's all the corn starch ?? ... Beautiful work! In my books you're only a snob if you look down on what others drink. You're a beer geek if you only drink the best or what you like

I wised I had room in my basement for a shuffleboard like that. Nice job! :rockin:

Very cool Brazil!!

Yesfan- Had never played it until on vacation this year and loved it. Now I am finishing the basement around the table and keezer😊
But now table + keezer = bar build and brewers corner. Hope to start getting into that by the first of the year

Based on other posts seen on this site i built one of these for my trip to the lake house for a week with my boys.

No home brew though this yr.
I had a 1/4th keg of Yuengling IPL and a corny keg of a local Kolsch.

a few bags of ice to start plus one bag a day since temps didn't get above 80.
used 10ft beer lines so pours were ice cold.

Only issue, as kegs emptied and ice melted the kegs started to float and push the lid off.

I insulated the the can with foam board and put double contractor bags inside.

AoMmFuD.jpg

A couple years ago, I had a Beverage Air kegerator that was pretty expensive to run, and so I decided to build a new one with a freezer, I picked the Amana because it could hold 2 sixtels on the floor, and one on the hump.

I used 1x8 poplar for the collar, with 2" rigid foam on the inside to insulate. The collar is bonded to the freezer with RTV, and the lid is attached back to the collar with the stock hinges. I use a standard STC1000 to control the temp. There's a small fan inside for air circulation as well.

I don't like the side taps on most keezers, (no offense to yall w/ side taps) so I installed a dual tap tower on the lid. ...and then decided 2 wasn't enough and added on a 3rd :) I also added the Raspberry Pints about that time.

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

49574001179__EDCC8537-AAF5-414B-BD38-C73BBB9E55B2.jpg

Last edited:
First kegerator:
A Redbull fridge and a custom butcher block top with epoxy resin finish.
20150827_174113.jpg

First kegerator:
First one bit the dust (compressor went out), so I took the parts and moved them over to this one. Fit 2 5-gal corny kegs or one 5-gal carboy inside. Used an STC-1000 temp controller.
20151230_165220.jpg

Third one:
Decided to go a little bigger and found these Temp chambers (Lab grade) on Craigslist locally. Got 2 of them. One has a touchscreen and is going to be my temp chamber for fermentation, aging cheese, etc. The other one had issues with the controls, so I'm currently gutting it and installing a Raspberry Pi and PID Temp controllers to control temperature. I'll run Raspberry Pints or Taplist.io to display the taplist.
20170904_140652.jpg

Really great work. I love the attention to detail.

How did you seal up the lid? When I had a keezer condensation intrusion was a pain if I didn't keep everything air tight.

That rusted metal is a great touch behind the tap. Might be hard to keep clean though. You will have to be a neat bartender!

Back