Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chiller is a Danby that I got at Best Buy. Kegerators are Edgestar that I got off of Amazon. Two 5 gal kegs in each. Both with duel CO2 regulators...

Finally got all the pieces together and was able to get my first kegerator up and running! Perfect size for 2 corny's and a 5lbs CO2 tank. I'm based in Malawi, so found some local art pieces and turned them into some pretty funky tap handles.

IMG_5091.jpg
Looks Nice! I'm based in Vietnam....working on getting mine up and running :)

I finally got the last 2 tap handles and now I just need to brew 2 more beers to have all 4 taps flowing.

Attachments

• 20171208_190818.jpg
    20171208_190818.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 432
Simple yet functional in my Man-Cave. And yes, those are bottles of Black Gold inside!

Apparently, my photos never made it when I originally posted this months ago (idiot alert). My kegerator is nothing as custom and cool as so many of you have done, but it is serving me well in the Man-Cave right now with both a Winter Ale and a Smash Ale (fresh Cascade hops)!

Attachments

• kegerator out.jpg
    kegerator out.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 441
  • kegerator inside.jpg
    kegerator inside.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 858
Apparently, my photos never made it when I originally posted this months ago (idiot alert). My kegerator is nothing as custom and cool as so many of you have done, but it is serving me well in the Man-Cave right now with both a Winter Ale and a Smash Ale (fresh Cascade hops)!
That's exactly my plan, got the kegerator in last night and a first pour off that craptastic tower! Anything I should know about the Intertap tower swap or was it pretty straightforward?

That's exactly my plan, got the kegerator in last night and a first pour off that craptastic tower! Anything I should know about the Intertap tower swap or was it pretty straightforward?
Those are Perlick faucets, but upgrading to Intertap or Perlicks is always a good move and it's as simple as unscrewing and swapping them out.

Those are Perlick faucets, but upgrading to Intertap or Perlicks is always a good move and it's as simple as unscrewing and swapping them out.
Gotcha. I bought the cheaper single tap version with the intention of swapping the entire tower. Thought you had done the same and was hoping for tips on the tower swap. Has anyone else installed the Intertap tower?

Gotcha. I bought the cheaper single tap version with the intention of swapping the entire tower. Thought you had done the same and was hoping for tips on the tower swap. Has anyone else installed the Intertap tower?
Swapping out the tower should be easy peasy. Enjoy your new kegerator!

I'm impressed by the room. I could easily fit 3 5gal and a 3 gal corny if I put the CO2 tank on the outside. Making me consider springing for the 3 tap tower

What kind of regulator do u have in there? I splurged for the bigger unit with 3 gauges and I don't think I can fit 3 cornys. Or if I can it would be tight as hell.
I moved the CO2 tank to the outside. Just a simple regulator w/ a manifold. I'll probably add an inline secondary. It'll fit 3 full kegs and my 1 gallon ManCan mini keg fits perfectly in the CO2 tank holder inside on the compressor hump.

Just ordered this with all 3 adapter spouts and self closing springs with the Williams 15% off Intertap sale! I'll update when I get her installed. I'm pretty tired of swapping liquid lines and pouring from picnic taps on the single tower, but the price was right!

IMG_20180120_211925_01.jpg

Just ordered this with all 3 adapter spouts and self closing springs with the Williams 15% off Intertap sale! I'll update when I get her installed. I'm pretty tired of swapping liquid lines and pouring from picnic taps on the single tower, but the price was right!

View attachment 554624
I'm about to order a three tap tower. Where did you order this from?

That turned out nice. Do you know the inside dimensions of your kegerator? My Haier looks about the same size, but I held off ordering a three tap tower because I’m not sure I can get three cornies to fit.
Not sure the dimensions but I can just barely squeeze a CO2 tank on the hump, 3 ball lock cornies, and a 1gal mini keg! Tubing management is, um, difficult because if I stick them behind where they don't get in the way then whichever loop is closest to the back freezes... PITA

I used carbon mist spray from rust oleum. Seems tough enough. 2x6 collar. Interior well measures 22x21x32 to top of collar. Holds four pin locks. Inkbird controller and ‘stabbed’ alarm on keezer. It was a magic chef 9.0.
Very happy with it.

Not sure the dimensions but I can just barely squeeze a CO2 tank on the hump, 3 ball lock cornies, and a 1gal mini keg! Tubing management is, um, difficult because if I stick them behind where they don't get in the way then whichever loop is closest to the back freezes... PITA
I’m going to order the same tower. I noticed it came with 4’ serving lines. Did you use the supplied lines or replace them? I wasn’t sure If they are long enough to not have foam. What serving pressure are you running? Thanks!

I’m going to order the same tower. I noticed it came with 4’ serving lines. Did you use the supplied lines or replace them? I wasn’t sure If they are long enough to not have foam. What serving pressure are you running? Thanks!
I didn't measure but I'm pretty sure they are way longer than 4'. I used what was provided but might upgrade at some point. It is not the typical line I'm used to. It was rigid like really small PEX not like the extra thick vinyl. It was a PITA to get the barbs on my MFL fittings into the tubing. I had to boil water to heat it up and still required patience! It comes with oetiker style clamps as well, which is great, but I didn't have a tool. A pair of wire cutters sufficed but the tool would have been nice. I haven't figured out the best way to manage the tubing either. With 3 kegs it is pretty tight and the most natural place for the tubing is against the back wall, but it freezes the line closest so I need to get some insulation for the tubbing to prevent that. Other than those small issues I freaking LOVE that tower and kegerator combo! Really glad I didn't go the keezer build route

I didn't measure but I'm pretty sure they are way longer than 4'. I used what was provided but might upgrade at some point. It is not the typical line I'm used to. It was rigid like really small PEX not like the extra thick vinyl. It was a PITA to get the barbs on my MFL fittings into the tubing. I had to boil water to heat it up and still required patience! It comes with oetiker style clamps as well, which is great, but I didn't have a tool. A pair of wire cutters sufficed but the tool would have been nice. I haven't figured out the best way to manage the tubing either. With 3 kegs it is pretty tight and the most natural place for the tubing is against the back wall, but it freezes the line closest so I need to get some insulation for the tubbing to prevent that. Other than those small issues I freaking LOVE that tower and kegerator combo! Really glad I didn't go the keezer build route
Thanks for the reply. That’s what I wanted to hear. It would be cheap enough to swap out lines with something more flexible I guess. I’ll be ordering that and maybe a tower cooler as well.

Thanks for the reply. That’s what I wanted to hear. It would be cheap enough to swap out lines with something more flexible I guess. I’ll be ordering that and maybe a tower cooler as well.
I double insulated the tower and still have to pull and drink a couple of ounces on the first pour to get to the cold stuff. Let me know if you do order the tower cooler, it's on my list!

Back