Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled my first beer from my kegerator over the weekend. I couldn't be more pleased with it, looking toward to NOT bottling!

image.jpg

Well, I’ve finally updated all 14 faucets to Perlick 650ss Faucets, used the stainless shanks that I already had, and updated to John Guest Shank fittings, Bev Seal Ultra 235 ¼” ID x 3/8” OD tubing, and John Guest fittings on the quick disconnects. I have 12 ft of stainless hex bar on order, and hopefully will be able to change out all the tap handles for hex stainless tap handles soon, and I’ll update with new pictures then. Here is the current state of the kegeratore/walk-in:
22545761802_29371dbe09_c.jpg

22393672759_b7a0cca565_c.jpg

22554527926_5325e07569_c.jpg

Full-on crazy stuff right there :D

I sure hope you have a Spousal Unit so you can run more than one keg per tap each year on that setup without the Revenuers having a case study...

Cheers! ;)

[edit] Ah - I didn't notice the sig stuff. That's a hella big stock o' beer!

ha! My wife doesn't even like beer. She is a saint, and knows that this is part of who I am. I am fortunate that I started before we were married, and I bought the house and claimed my territory before we were married.

I have been brewing a lot recently, and I have a lot stored in the walk-in, ready to be tapped. Our second child is due in January, and I know once the boy comes, my time to brew and do brew related tasks will be severely limited, so I am taking every open Saturday and claiming it for double brew days so that I can stockpile enough for a year or two and be ok. I know not all styles age well, but I don't think I'll mind too much at that point!

Well, I’ve finally updated all 14 faucets to Perlick 650ss Faucets, used the stainless shanks that I already had, and updated to John Guest Shank fittings, Bev Seal Ultra 235 ¼” ID x 3/8” OD tubing, and John Guest fittings on the quick disconnects. I have 12 ft of stainless hex bar on order, and hopefully will be able to change out all the tap handles for hex stainless tap handles soon, and I’ll update with new pictures then. Here is the current state of the kegeratore/walk-in:

Looks awesome! Seeing this is quite inspiring! Unfortunately, the misses would kill me...

Haha. I know you jest, but I have actually been thinking about adding another two on the side of the coffin box. That will be about the maximum that my coffin box can handle.

When I originally built it with non flow control faucets in mind, I made it so that I could put an offset row above the current row, which would've allowed me to have up to 27 faucets on the coffin box. Going to the flow control faucets prevented me from doing the offset row due to the width of the flow control and the flow control lever getting in the way of the other faucets.

If I can sell more kegs, and brew enough in the near future, I'll probably add the 15th and 16th taps to the coffin box, but I'll definitely be done at that point!

Live anywhere near colorado god i wish i was your neighbor! Awesome

View attachment 1446612005321.jpg

Thanks! It has been a lot of fun to work on and tweak. This hobby has been great!

we are all jealous..... hope you know this....lol.... good on ya brew brother! happy brewing, (a lot of happy brewing for that tap system)

Thanks! It has been a lot of fun to work on and tweak. This hobby has been great!

Seriously - that is a sick setup. A sickness I can appreciate. I was worried about myself when I went to seven taps, but you have given me something to strive for!

The walk-in is a killer. I can't say how often I wish for more cold storage - and I have two full size stand-up freezers on STC-1000's, two shorties on STC-1000'c and a kegerator that holds nine kegs. Still not quite enough room for hops and yeast.

Last edited:
Seriously - that is a sick setup. A sickness I can appreciate. I was worried about myself when I went to seven taps, but you have given me something to strive for!

The walk-in is a killer. I can't say how often I wish for more cold storage - and I have two full size stand-up freezers on STC-1000's, two shorties on STC-1000'c and a kegerator that holds nine kegs. Still not quite enough room for hops and yeast.

Yup, I was at the same place about 5 years ago. I had a 6 tap kegerator and two large chest freezers for kegs, and I still had over 30 kegs in a spare room at room temp.

That was when I was able to convince the wife to let me build the walk-in cooler in the basement before our first child. I first started with just the six taps, and then as I was able to save money, I got up to 14, but it was a big mix of faucets, and this was before bev seal ultra was available.

When I decided to go to bev seal ultra, I also needed flow control faucets, and the 650ss came out just last year, so I decided to do this update to my serving setup, unify all my faucets, and move to bev seal ultra, as well as transition all of the walk-in to John Guest fittings to match most of the rest of my equipment.

I've had my share of issues with the walk-in, and I've had to replace the A/C units for both zones, but overall, I am very pleased with how they work and the number of kegs that I can keep cold now.

Sick. I'm sure that's not even legal in Georgia.

Most impressive homebrew setup I've ever seen. I posted my completion in wrong thread lol. Beautiful setup. Since I had my second kid, I brew two batches when I find the time to brew. I brew an extract during the grain mash rest. Although it makes brew day go from fun and relaxing to a little stressful.

Well, I just finished drilling and tapping new stainless hex tap handles:
22423526578_6c18bd1df5_c.jpg

22653865210_1fab15cb4f_c.jpg

The next stage will be to grind bevels on the edges so they aren't so sharp, and try to hand polish them since I don't have a buffing wheel.

^^ Very nice. I'd love to have a walkin freezer.

I think with 14 handles, a buffer might be worth getting. The handles wouldn't be the only things you'd use it for.

^^ Very nice. I'd love to have a walkin freezer.

I think with 14 handles, a buffer might be worth getting. The handles wouldn't be the only things you'd use it for.

Yea, I've been thinking about one of the triple buffer wheels for wood lathes since I already have a wood lathe, and it would be cheaper than a purpose built grinder/buffer combos.

Looks like the perfect task for a stupidly cheap angle grinder and pads from Harbor Freight...

Cheers!

That is an interesting idea... I already have the cheap angle grinder, so if I can find an attachment for it, that may be an even better way to go. Thanks for the idea, time for me to do some more research!

I know the HF stuff is inexpensive, but if you already have a lathe you could fit a three-grade buffer to, that might be the better option wrt ease of use.

Presumably you can hold the handles to the buffer and work the full length and all sides on each grade, whereas with an angle grinder you're confronted with either chucking the handles (very limited access) or chucking the grinder (good access - but can be a bit tricky to manage) and you'd have to switch pads...

Cheers!

I know the HF stuff is inexpensive, but if you already have a lathe you could fit a three-grade buffer to, that might be the better option wrt ease of use.

Presumably you can hold the handles to the buffer and work the full length and all sides on each grade, whereas with an angle grinder you're confronted with either chucking the handles (very limited access) or chucking the grinder (good access - but can be a bit tricky to manage) and you'd have to switch pads...

Cheers!

Yea, I'll need to do more research to find what will work best for me. the triple buffer attachments are over $50, but give me the flxibility of three buffing wheels. So, I'll look into the angle grinder attachments and figure out what can work best for me. If I go with the angle grinder, I would just put the hex tap handles in my vise, and rotate for each side. This would be more work and tedious than the lathe option, so we'll see!

Yea, I'll need to do more research to find what will work best for me. the triple buffer attachments are over $50, but give me the flxibility of three buffing wheels. So, I'll look into the angle grinder attachments and figure out what can work best for me. If I go with the angle grinder, I would just put the hex tap handles in my vise, and rotate for each side. This would be more work and tedious than the lathe option, so we'll see!

Find a bolt with the same thread, put that in the vice, screw the handle on, rotate as needed.

Find a bolt with the same thread, put that in the vice, screw the handle on, rotate as needed.

Hmmmmmmmm, that is an interesting option. I need to find a buffer attachment for my angle grinder first though!

Morning Gents, new here to the site and have had a pleasure looking at all the beautiful work done by all of you. Decided to post a few shots of my conversion I completed early this summer. Thanks for taking a look and keep the kegs flowing!

Keg 5.jpg

Keg 4.jpg

Keg 6.jpg

Keg 1.jpg

Keg 7.jpg

Keg 9.jpg

Keg 3.jpg

Keg 2.jpg

My setup:

Fermentation/cellaring chest freezer, converted top/bottom kegerator and my buddy's custom tap handles he made for me.

Outside.jpg

Handle.jpg

Inside.jpg

C02.jpg

Latest posts

Back