Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would for sure use a TP holder as the handle. I'm sure HD or Lowes have a nice wood one that would match. Or go the kitschy route and go white plastic.

Or just tie the two doors together.

I have hook and eye locks on both doors, so I'm not too worried about someone opening the freezer on accident.

I would for sure use a TP holder as the handle. I'm sure HD or Lowes have a nice wood one that would match. Or go the kitschy route and go white plastic.

The TP idea is excellent. I'm gonna make a few handles, and that will definitely be one. I wonder how long it will take me or my wife to grab the roll when we run empty next to the commode. lol

Ya gotta find a handle from an old pull-chain toilet for one of them.

pullchain.jpg

NICE!! :rockin:

I have hook and eye locks on both doors, so I'm not too worried about someone opening the freezer on accident.

I'm saying if you join the freezer door to the fridge door, then you can have a tap handle as long as you want it. No one will accidently open the freezer and turn the faucet on.

I'm saying if you join the freezer door to the fridge door, then you can have a tap handle as long as you want it. No one will accidently open the freezer and turn the faucet on.

Oh, I know what you were saying. The longer handles won't work for me anyway. I have an old Michelob handle that hits the freezer door before the faucet is completely turned off. That is the one disadvantage to covering your kegerator in 1/2" wood boards.

But regardless, I like the idea of operating the freezer door without disturbing the fridge...

Oh, I know what you were saying. The longer handles won't work for me anyway. I have an old Michelob handle that hits the freezer door before the faucet is completely turned off. That is the one disadvantage to covering your kegerator in 1/2" wood boards.QUOTE]

If the shank is long enough, extend it out to give you more room on the outside and give you a bit more 'back' swing for the top end of the tap handle.

Here's the pics. Thanks to Bobby_M's video on his build. It really helped in determining where to place my secondary regulators as well as everyone else here on HBT. I finally found a place to put my HBT decal!

Keezer in wine cellar(under construction)
DSC_0106.JPG

4 cornies can actually fit in here with the hump still open for other things
The secondary regulators I found on eBay new and plumbed them together.

Shot of tap lines to taps
DSC_0107.JPG

After pulling the panel off the lid I noticed I could put these right into the lid and not have to build a collar.

My first AG on my all electric HERMS poured and consumed while posting this message.
DSC_0111.JPG

The only thing I had to do was tighten the retaining bolts on the springs in order to compensate for the weight. The funniest thing is when I was putting the beer line onto the corny, the perlick tap was open and pointing at my face. I got drenched and my 3yr old thought it was the funniest thing ever. BTW I used the temp controller from chicompany.com and it's amazingly accurate. Temp is spot on at 40 deg and holding. It's well designed and the temp senor wire has to be close to 6-8ft coiled.

Agreed! I read ALL 130 pages and then made order with kegconnections to add two Perlick taps to my beer fridge. I was surprised that I even saw a couple of people with Philco's (I have one from '54)

Here she is.
4005124257_2669bf2557_b.jpg

Tap handle I made from driftwood collected from the shores of Lake Michigan.
4005887778_ec4f74b233_b.jpg

Until I get my cornie keg setup this Sprecher Black Bavarian will hold us over. Home brewed Summer Ale in the bottles.
3944763458_70161ddf90_b.jpg

Here she is.
4005124257_2669bf2557_b.jpg

Tap handle I made from driftwood collected from the shores of Lake Michigan.
4005887778_ec4f74b233_b.jpg

Until I get my cornie keg setup this Sprecher Black Bavarian will hold us over. Home brewed Summer Ale in the bottles.
3944763458_70161ddf90_b.jpg

Re-posting for the images. Once you hit 25 posts the pics will appear.

You all inspired me to make a kegerator, and was sick of bottling, so here is my keezer, named the Hokieezer! This is actually v2.0, since the first one was a craigslist purchase that died after a few weeks of being powered on.

It is a 9 cu ft Frigidaire chest freezer from Lowes. I have a Ranco temp controller to keep it at 38ish degrees (not in pics).

Still need to run the lines, and fill the kegs and the CO2 tank. I have a batch of Pumpkin Ale and EdWort's Apfelwein that will be ready to keg next weekend.

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

These pics prob. won't show up since I'm new on the forum, but I've been reading the forums for the past couple months.

You all inspired me and the SWMBO to make a kegerator, and we are sick of bottling, so here is our keezer, named the Hokieezer! This is actually v2.0, since the first one was a craigslist purchase that died after a few weeks of being powered on.

It is a 9 cu ft Frigidaire chest freezer from Lowes. I have a Ranco temp controller to keep it at 38ish degrees (not in pics).

Still need to run the lines, and fill the kegs and the CO2 tank. I have a batch of Pumpkin Ale and EdWort's Apfelwein that will be ready to keg next weekend.

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

These pics prob. won't show up since I'm new on the forum, but I've been reading the forums for the past couple months.

Click free!

I just recently finished converting a new 9.0 cu ft Frigidaire chest freezer. I added an external temp display and my temperature controller is arriving tomorrow. We had a small old mini fridge that held slim 1/4s and sixels but it broke recently. Since I couldn't 1/2s in the old kegerator, we're going with budweiser 1/2, a cheap and a decent macro.
kegerator002.jpg

kegerator003.jpg

kegerator005.jpg

I just recently finished converting a new 9.0 cu ft Frigidaire chest freezer. I added an external temp display and my temperature controller is arriving tomorrow. We had a small old mini fridge that held slim 1/4s and sixels but it broke recently. Since I couldn't 1/2s in the old kegerator, we're going with budweiser 1/2, a cheap and a decent macro.
kegerator002.jpg

kegerator003.jpg

kegerator005.jpg

Lets see it.

Back