Show us your electric brewing rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

Used the below mount from Amazon.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497578110.500747.jpg

I have the panel from Kal, and when the silver mounting brackets (don't know the actual term) are removed I used the hardware they were attached with to attach the mount to the panel. Had to widen the holes in the mount a little with a drill, but worked pretty well.

Thanks!

Used the below mount from Amazon.

View attachment 404454

I have the panel from Kal, and when the silver mounting brackets (don't know the actual term) are removed I used the hardware they were attached with to attach the mount to the panel. Had to widen the holes in the mount a little with a drill, but worked pretty well.

That's fantastic, I will be doing this for mine. She is coming along, a couple weeks and I should have a fully operational panel.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 1497611968071.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 300
Here's mine!

2017052195113304.jpg

20170427_214450.jpg

@TheLostBeer: JMathie77's setup is based on our TheElectricBrewery.com design using our control panel. Nice setup!

Kal

Shady, where did you get the timer that you used on your panel?

You may not get an answer from shady since you didnt quote him to notify him.

inkbird and sestos sell them (amazon and ebay has them too) ... I have the sestos version but from what another member here has shared the inkbird works exactly the same way and the support is probably better since I know of no support from sestos.
they make a 2 stage and 4 stage unit I believe... 4 stage would be nice for multiple hop additions.

Shady, where did you get the timer that you used on your panel?
Hi Gonefishing, I got it off Ebay. I think it was the same seller as the inkbird PID's but can't be sure. I was being a bit OCD and wanted them to match. It works fine. I have an alarm and a big reset button connected to it. I think, like the PID's, that the wiring diagram is a little different to the ones Kal uses but works the same.

Not quite finished yet but very close. 3rd iteration. Electric/propane hybrid. Conglomeration of a few systems that I liked. Herms, brew magic style frame and plumbing layout (well, sort of) morphed "Kal" panel with some mods, hard lined recirculation, aux (2nd) pump can be pinned on in a couple locations with silicone tube as desired, 110v option so I can bring it somewhere without 220/240 and still have pids, pumps and propane. Did an extensive wet test and ran the panel through some paces. So far so good.

Still to do... sight glasses, wire up the heating elements, finish the gas lines. Wire up the RTD's. Engraved labels, disassemble and take it to powdercoat. Hopefully brewing on 9/2. Been slacking lately with a kitchen remodel, automation and robotics clients (work tends to get in the way of my play), and sneaking in some ocean fishing to stay sane. Now it's time to buckle down and get something fermenting!

20170813_174036.jpg

Panel081117.jpg

884D01F2-1F45-4D2E-A2FE-B299A3CEFB86.jpeg
Unfortunately the pic doesn’t show the control panel, but it’s got 2 PIDs, and a manual boil controller. Only the boil kettle runs on 240, the HLT and the rims tube have 240v elements but run on 120v . Small 12v dc pumps on the HLT and MT work well for recirculating , I use a chugger pump to whirlpool the BK and chill through the CFC . The 3way valves enable me to connect all the hoses at the beginning of the brew session and leave them connected until cleanup, reduces spills. Cheers.

Don't see too many of those. Did that come with your setup initially or was it a add on thing? I had issues with my mash getting compacted when I first started using my RIMS and considered adding one.
I built the entire setup from the ground up. I have used a later grant since my first all grain keggle setup. I trained with the head brewer of a local production brewery on their pilot system that was modeled from their 30bbl. So I built my homebrew system just like the pilot before I know what a grant was. I have always used 3 pumps with a grant and have never had issues with compaction. Clarity and efficiency are excellent.

That room looks amazing! Holy-hose-spiderweb! Quite intricate plumbing..
All that and Pbr?....really?....[emoji17]

I appreciate it! The PBR is merely for hydration...had to take a break in between Tripels and IIPAs.

The hoses will get more organized once I build up some confidence in the setup...

2D71830F-0EED-4EE6-966B-9CAFD8995B99.jpeg
Here’s mine:

Just finished the stand. Can’t wait for the next brewday to break it in!

Last edited:
Looks good! Good call on the pump bleeder valve, I need to put one of those in, I’m having priming issues here and there.

I don’t know how I brewed without it. It helps with priming so much it’s incredible!

My basement budget 120v build. 3 Vessel Hermes system with 10 gallon kettles, 120v elements in the HLT and Boil Kettle (no i dont have any problems achieving boil), Controlled by a hacked up Inkbird IPB16, exhausted through a 250cfm broan hood directly vented outside. Fermented in 7 Gallon SS Brewtech BrewBuckets and one 3.5 gallon SS Brewtech BrewBucket in 2x Haier Wine fridges run off Inkbird controllers. Serving out of a 4 tap keezer!

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-02-15-at-2.53.17-PM.png

My basement budget 120v build. 3 Vessel Hermes system with 10 gallon kettles, 120v elements in the HLT and Boil Kettle (no i dont have any problems achieving boil), Controlled by a hacked up Inkbird IPB16, exhausted through a 250cfm broan hood directly vented outside. Fermented in 7 Gallon SS Brewtech BrewBuckets and one 3.5 gallon SS Brewtech BrewBucket in 2x Haier Wine fridges run off Inkbird controllers. Serving out of a 4 tap keezer!

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-02-15-at-2.53.17-PM.png
Looks great! I have a similar haier fridge and thinking about a ss brew bucket, do you think you'd be able to fit the domed lid on it in there?

Your Setup
I assume a BIAB setup and if so where do you have your temperature probe? Just below the bag? I have mine in the middle sticking into the bag and keep ripping holes. Thinking about doing two, one at the top of the return on the recirculating pump at the lid for mashing and one down below the bag or in my case the false bottom for boiling/whirlpooling.

Back