should let this keg warm up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzCraft

Reaction score
i recently brewed an APA loosely based on Ed Wort's Haus Pale. Essentially the same grain bill, but slightly higher OG (around 1.055) and IBUs (around 42 ibus;used Columbus for bittering, which is a new one for me) After 2.5 weeks in primary, i racked to keg, chilled and force carbed. it's been in the kegerator about a week and still tastes green.

question is, should i just leave it in the kegerator (at 43F) or take it out and leave it at basement temp for a couple of weeks(around 58-60F) to bulk condition at the warmer temps for a while? might that help?

thx.

I usually like to let me kegs sit for a few months before they hit the kegerater, but I've got a nice pipeline going so it's easier for me.

I really think you just need more time on gas. Let it sit in the fridge for another few weeks and you'll be amazed at how much the flavor changes.

Back