Should I move the fermenter somewhere warmer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwbrewing32

Reaction score
Hey all,

I brewed a batch of Brown Ale about 48 hours ago. I pitched Wyeast 1469 which usually produces a good krausen.

Well, in this batch, I haven't seen anything krausen. It has plenty of bubbles on top and the airlock has been bubbling. The bubbling airlock has slowed since yesterday.

Beer is about 1.050 and I did make a 1300ml starter with a packet that was 3-4 months old.

Right now the fermenter is at 63-64 degrees.

Should I move this upstairs to try and get something going???

Thanks!

Nope, don't do a thing. Chill out, have a home brew or a cider and let it sit.
Ok, if you really want to do something, gently swirl the carboy around to mix up what is in there and see what happens. Observe the fermentation and if it slows down even more in the next 48-72 hours, go ahead and bump it up to 68.

Well I just checked again and am wondering if it had a very quick Krause as there's evidence something was there (see picture).

It's down to 62-63 degrees is this okay????

IMG_0261.jpg

Personally I would move it somewhere 64F+. Why take a chance of a slow fermentation.

Thanks for the responses. I just get worried about temperature as the yeast is rated down to 64 degrees, which I am below.

Back