Should I dry hop my IPA in the keg as well?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigan

Reaction score
Heres the recipe
1lb Pale LME @60
7lbs Pale LME @ flameout

.5lb Carapils
.5lb White Wheat
.75lb Crystal 15L
.25lb maltodextrin

.5oz magnum 14.4 AA @60
.5oz perle 6.5 AA @60
1oz citra @15
1oz citra @5
whirlfloc @5
1oz citra dry hop 7 days
2oz simcoe dry hop 7 days

What improvements if any do you think adding say another 1oz of simcoe in the keg. Stronger aroma? I like an aromatic IPA but all this just be overkill hops wasted?

I'm thinking it will be force carbonated, or do you think if I add the dry hops in keg I should corn sugar carb it?

Please let me know you experiences with this technique or these hops. Thanks

Can't say that i have any experience with this myself, as i just started kegging. However, my next IPA or pale ale is getting a couple ounces dry hopped in the keg. My (tentative) plan is to bag the hops, and possibly suspend them with dental floss for easier removal if i feel they've been in too long.

I also will probably prime this in the keg. Again, no experience with how this will affect the dry hopping, but priming in the keg has worked well for me thus far (twice).

3 oz is plenty. If you are kegging then why prime with sugar? I've been dry hopping in the keg while it force carbs for a week. That way you don't add an extra week of hop deterioration while it carbs.

Thanks Ezekielsays I think my next will be primed in the keg,
cm02ws6, I think Ill try the dry hop/ prime method you describe soon I tend to do a two day force carb,
Yooper Yes, its pretty good and magno tasting as is. I don't want to over do it like my first IPA attempt :p

Thanks for the response I appreciate it very much!

Back