Should I bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi_Jonno

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted earlier about my Nut Brown Ale Can + 1kg half powder malt/half D.Sugar. Its been in primary for 2 weeks now, and been 1016 for a week. Should I go ahead and bottle? Im thinking because it is quite a dark beer with the Nut Brown and malt, there isnt much sugar to ferment out?

Am worried the yeast might die?? - as fermentation stopped after 4 days really. Im gonna be using carbonation drops, so was going to bottle from primary.

Should I bottle next couple of days? Thanks.

(also my Coopers Lager is down to only 6 bottles now, only lasted 4 weeks in the bottle... :( )

What was the original gravity? I wouldn't be worried about the yeast quitting on you. I would be worried if you bottled and fermentation hadn't completely finished, that could mean overcarbonated beer or even bottle bombs. You have to be sure that the beer has reached its final gravity, then you can bottle, and you don't have to add more yeast.

The Original wasnt over high considering all the malt etc. It was 1040. Im 99% sure fermentation has finished as the hydrometer has been the same for a week. The air lock stopped bubbling after 4 days. There is the very dark crisp crust "ring" just above the water level there too.

I usually wait 3 weeks to bottle... Sometimes 4.

I bottled my porter after only 2 weeks of fermentation and it came out WAY over carbonated.

CarlLBC said:
no, bottling takes too long, keg

And bottling fast! Only twenty min or so with PET bottles and the "tap" on fermenter. Would like to keg though eventually but is expensive...

Latest posts

Back