Should have my brew kit tomorow (if Fedex isn't lying)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meatyboy

Reaction score
I live in the east TN area, about halfway between Kingsport and Knoxville. My wife said I needed a hobby. I think she may regret those words. I have a bad habit of going whole hog on projects.

I make a living as a truck driver so I figured brewing would be my best bet. That and there's a shameful lack of commercially available craft brews available in the area. People around here tend to drink that fizzy yellow water.

My first batch will be an extract Irish Red ale, followed by a Bavarian Hefeweizen.

Eventually, I'm going to try my hand at ciders and meads seeing those are more to my wife's taste. Maybe I can draw her into the hobby so I'll have a babysitter while I'm on the road.

Here's to hoping and hops.

Cheers to you for not just accepting the crappy beer in your area. It's a shame there are places where homebrewing is a necessity to get good beer, but who knows, maybe you'll start a movement :mug:

Good luck with the Red. Cheers.

Hell yeah, i justed started this past weekend and i am already addicted. I brewed an oatmeal stout on saturday, had so much fun with that i went and bought a second kit and brewed a porter. I have no idea how they are going to turn out, guess i will find out in a couple of weeks when they are done fermenting.

Sound like me. Before my kit got in the mail I already ordered my second extract set to brew. Gonna go with extract until I get the system down then progress up to partial mash. I'm too much of a nerd to make the leap from extract to AG.

Back